Poll: Do you like the mars volta?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like the mars volta?
Yes!
84 57%
No.
33 22%
Kind of.
30 20%
Voters: 147.
Page 1 of 2
Yeah so i bought The mars volta (Frances the mute) cd for my sister for her bday today, and she said she wanted stone sour instead and i already opened up mars volta for her..so i kept it and bought her stone sours new cd too, so im stuck with mars volta, it's mine, i am surprised on how talented the guitar player is, and just the style is something i've never heard, i mean, i listen to Death metal and metal but this is something quite new, anyone agree? do you like them? or hate them?
wrong forum biotch!!!

on a side note: yes, the mars volta are very good and no, you can not touch me there
i enjoy some of their stuff and i love the name.
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
Yes.

But take this out of the pit and to Bands/Artists
Quote by Kartman

Way to go, guitar_man_guy!

(You should sig me)

Co-Founder of the 'Heretics And/Or Killers'(Protest the Hero Fan Club) P.M Me or T0xicitY to join!
What the hell!! but it says "bands" on the pit! im serisouly probably gonna get banned now!! GOD DAMNIT!!
At the drive-in were way better
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Sorry guys, i slapped myself across the face jsut for you guys, so you wouldnt have to come all the way to were i live and do it
I love the Mars Volta. You should have made your sister listen to the cd until she liked it.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Quote by AngryGuitarist
i bet mars volta loves you too

Well this one time me and Omar...yeah...
I find that the mars volta is a love or hate type of band, and that if you can get used to their singer then you should be able to enjoy their music thoroughly

and yes their guitarist is amazing and talented
I absolutely love them. Can't wait for the new album!
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
i personnaly hate the mars volta, most of it is just them being weird for the sake of being "experimental" and a lot of it is just pretentious wankery. There are far better bands like them out there that dont just sound like a bunch of people wanking on thier instruments and doing weird **** for no discernable purpose.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by AngryGuitarist
What the hell!! but it says "bands" on the pit! im serisouly probably gonna get banned now!! GOD DAMNIT!!

The only way to avoid complete and utter permabannination is to expose yourself to me and Cas and let us run our course.

Now TAKE OFF YOUR PANTS!
Quote by Kartman

Way to go, guitar_man_guy!

(You should sig me)

Co-Founder of the 'Heretics And/Or Killers'(Protest the Hero Fan Club) P.M Me or T0xicitY to join!
Hrmmm, well, their music is pretty good but I saw them live and they really don't put on a great live show. They were on for like 2 hours and a large chunk of what they played was this ambient stuff, it wasn't really even music(I think it was just for all the people in the audience who were high on pot).
Dude, they're not just doing stuff to be weird and "experimental". Its because they actually know what they want to do with their music and don't care what stupid assholes like you think.
At the drive in is way better.
But The Mars Volta is cool too.
The Calender Hung Itself.
frances the mute did not need a 32 minute song, but it was pretty good. their new album is way better than frances and on the same level as deloused.

wrong forum btw
Quote by Toasty25000
it wasn't really even music.

well then, since you wrote the definition of music....what is music?
I've heard about them, but i haven't heard any of there songs. From what people have said (experimental, ambient, 32 minute long song) they sound like they would be awesome. Can someone give me a little info on there style, or some recommendations as to there albums and songs.
I think they're a bit hit & miss. Their music has awesome moments and they made quite a few great songs. But i also find myself wondering what the hell they're doing often. Some of their songs, or segments of their songs, are basically pure ambient noise and/or very longwinded improv, and i don't think they're particularly good at that, i fact i think these segments are generally very boring. I don't see the point of them, and i find it makes their albums tedious to listen to.
Terrible live. I wish the singer wouldnt jump around so much.

Solid band on CD though. I must say their new CD is awful though.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by AngryGuitarist
Yeah so i bought The mars volta (Frances the mute) cd for my sister for her bday today, and she said she wanted stone sour instead and i already opened up mars volta for her..so i kept it and bought her stone sours new cd too, so im stuck with mars volta, it's mine, i am surprised on how talented the guitar player is, and just the style is something i've never heard, i mean, i listen to Death metal and metal but this is something quite new, anyone agree? do you like them? or hate them?

saw them live on sunday
they sucked ass
Quote by AngryGuitarist
Yeah is that deloused cd any good!?

Deloused is amazing. Their best IMO.
They also have John and Flea from RHCP play with them on a lot of songs which I find supriseing, since their genres don't intersect much.
Yes.
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
Page 1 of 2