Does the Vox AD30VT has a decent 'tube' sound? Or does it just sound bad? I like to use overdrive.

I'm also looking at the Fender Blues Jr. I can't decide. Blues Jr doesn't have a headphone jack... which I want.

Does the Vox sound like crap in comparison to the Fender?
Its the best, most accurate tube sounding solid state under a grand, but its a pretty bad sounding tube. Not the worst though.

Sounds better than a fender solid state, obviously not as good as a tube fender. Overdrives work great since they respond similar to how a tube amp would respond to a od.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
most good amps don't have headphone inputs. I would take the Blues Jr. over the vox. For me its not even a question
Blues Junior has tubes... so chose it
Jean confided to me
She's Mona Lisa's biggest fan
She drew a mustache on her face
She's always seen her as a man
But, for a tube amp.... don't you need to CRANK it to get a good sound? will it sound good at a low level?
yes the vox still sounds great at low volumes. the vox is a great amp it has so many sounds you can get, people say you cant do metal with it but you can if you know how to work an EQ. i have the 50 watt version and i also want a fender blues junior. but id go with the vox if i were you,
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
Quote by billru44
But, for a tube amp.... don't you need to CRANK it to get a good sound? will it sound good at a low level?

Just use your guitar's volume knob as a master knob, and crank the BJ.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude

Maybe It's just my guitar but whenever I use my guitar's volume knob turned low, when I play something with loud dynamics, it's really loud, and if I play quiet ones, you can't hear it at all.
Administrator of the "Guitarists born in 1991 Club" PM me or greendayguitar to join.

Feel free to add me
Quote by aznrockerdude

Have you even ever tried that? sounds like ass, lowering guitar volume defeats the whole purpose of even adjusting the preamp.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?