i have been playing on my acoustic for a while, but this will be my first electricI have around 400 US dollars to spend, atm im leaning towards a MIM Strat. HSS setup. i was just wondering, is this going to be my best bet? Quality for the buck kinda angle?

I know there are alot of post like this out there, but still need yalls help! thanks

:: My types of music i am most interested in would be more along the lines of Punk, Emo, Alt, And some Shredding, but not alot. :: Keep the suggestions coming!
Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130

"Yeah, I'm real deep when I'm not busy masturbating or setting off fireworks." - John Mayer
That epiphone is cool also try checkin out a jackson, their made really well n good guitars n stuff.there also made to play more metal n fast stuff. I got a strat for my first electric n it is a good buy, the only thing iv regretted about it over time was the sound of it as i got better. i found out im not a strat kinda person but fenders are well made n would last u a long time i think. good luck in whatever you get, hope this helps some.
R.I.P Jimi Hendrix you will never die.
sweet looking guitar! though i am partial to The strat look i will definatly go fondle this at the guitar store this weekend, to you'all how do the strats compare? over-rated? or exactly as stated?
Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130

"Yeah, I'm real deep when I'm not busy masturbating or setting off fireworks." - John Mayer
hmm i don't know, for your type of music, i wouldn't suggest a strat, maybe an epi or low end schecter would be better
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Quote by seek_&_destroy
hmm i don't know, for your type of music, i wouldn't suggest a strat, maybe an epi or low end schecter would be better

ahh i had the thought in my mind that schecters were total shred guitars... and strats were great on Clean tones... those schecters look badass.. thats what i get for thinking, wrong ideas, and headaches
Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130

I have a Jackson Kelly (here ) and I would highly recommend it to the beginning guitarist. It is very easy to play and you can play it sitting down. It also has a very thin neck.
RG321mh.

link: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG321MHGN-Electric-Guitar?sku=517963

Great for shred, and with a pickup swap, a very nice guitar.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Aug 29, 2006,