does anybody else here think that ac/dc is a little overratted i mnea i like them to a point but i thinkk alot of there songs sound the same
Nope. Besides theres an "AC/DC Only" Thread for this type of stuff.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
Overrated as in they shouldn't be considered one of the best rock groups of all time? If that's what you mean then no, they are not overrated.
yes overrated, but tnt is a **** hot song
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
and aerosmith^^
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by Rabid
A LITTLE overrated?

Possibly the most overrated band EVER.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
A lot of those blues metal bands are overrated. They're really solid bands, but in terms of writing it's nothing new. They just did the same pointless barroom rock well.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
VERY overrated.
yes, all their songs sound the same. no questions asked.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
sorry, im gonna have to ABSOLUTELY DISAGREE here - AC/DC is by far my favorite group and backs up their position as one of the best rock groups of all time
Wow are you guys idiots? Listen to Rock and Roll ain't noise pollution at full volume and tell me that's not real rock music played extremely well. Angus Young's vibrato? Please, don't be idiots. Aerosmith is truly overrated, but they wouldn't be if they didn't hire songwriters and try to be number one all of the time.
Quote by gwitersnamps
A lot of those blues metal bands are overrated. They're really solid bands, but in terms of writing it's nothing new. They just did the same pointless barroom rock well.

oh come on they are a bit better than that
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by Rabid
Quote by DaliLama
Wow are you guys idiots? Listen to Rock and Roll ain't noise pollution at full volume and tell me that's not real rock music played extremely well. Angus Young's vibrato? Please, don't be idiots. Aerosmith is truly overrated, but they wouldn't be if they didn't hire songwriters and try to be number one all of the time.

What!! dream on is an absolute classic, aerosmith are one of the best classic rock bands
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by Rabid
I know they were an amazing classic rock band and they should have kept on being great!! I love rocks and toys in the attic and all of their classic music but Dude Looks Like a Lady? I just think hiring professional songwriters was a bad move and I just think of Love in an Elevator and the Armageddon song and Girls of Summer and it makes me weep because they COULD be SO good
Quote by DaliLama
I know they were an amazing classic rock band and they should have kept on being great!! I love rocks and toys in the attic and all of their classic music but Dude Looks Like a Lady? I just think hiring professional songwriters was a bad move and I just think of Love in an Elevator and the Armageddon song and Girls of Summer and it makes me weep because they COULD be SO good

I stand corrected, dude looks like a lady did kinda suck ass
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by Rabid
if you hear ac/dc's best youve heard all you need to hear they got some cool songs but i think they arent as great as everyone thinks i like nazareth better
Quote by gwitersnamps

*sigh*

Ac/Dc is not, never was, and never will be, any form of Metal. They are a hard rock band formed in the Classic Rock era. End of Story.

Just when I thought we were done with the "constant making of ac/dc threads" phase...
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Quote by VANHALENGUITAR
livin on the edge is one of my favorite areosmith songs

that song is pretty cool, my faves probably janies got a gun tho, that song kicks ass
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by Rabid
Quote by DaliLama

The Armageddon song? Sweet Emotion? That one came out on Toys In The Attic originally... Personally, I prefer the Armageddon version, mostly due to the fact that the drums are much more pronounced. And yes, I agree they started going down the toilet once they started bringing in professional songwriters.

More to the point, I don't believe AC/DC to be overrated at all, and completely disagree with the fact that all their songs sound the same. I do hear the same chords often, but in different progressions, supporting different riffs, etc...

Jacques
AC/DC is overrated by 12-year-old posers who own only Back In Black or Highway To Hell, wear the AC/DC t-shirt their mom bought for them at Sears, go on forums like UG saying such things as "leik d00d agus is lik teh gratst giutarst EVA!!!!!!!1!1!!11!!!!!oneoneone!111!!", and constantly butcher songs like TNT on their crappy SG ripoffs which they mistakenly take for Gibsons, all the while calling themselves "AC/DC's biggest fan".

They are also overrated by the psychopathic elitist types who listen only to AC/DC and nothing else (much like the Led Zeppelin elitists).

However, otherwise, they are not overrated at all. They are certainly one of the best rock bands of all time, that cannot be denied (whether you like it or not, they had a hell of an influence on hard rock).

And as for the songs sounding exactly alike...listen to Let There Be Rock, and then listen to Ride On, and tell me that they sound exactly alike. Seriously, I can't stand people who say that. Yes, they use a lot of the same chords in songs, but if you honestly cannot differentiate one riff from another at all, in any way, shape, or form, stop listening to music. Now.
"Let there be light...sound...drums...guitar...LET THERE BE ROCK!" - Let There Be Rock, AC/DC
i dont think that they really sound the same, it just that they all have the same "theme" to them. like i dont think they ever made a slow song. they were just about puting out some good rock music to listen to and rock out, just fun songs really. i hate when people try to take this stuff to seriously and say like they arent a real band or stuff like that. i dont think they want to be such a serious band, they just wanna make some cool tunes. in that sense, i dont think they are overrated at all.

although, i dont think they are the best band and i dont think angus is the best guitarist. in that sense, they are overrated. maybe not the best band but deffinatly one of the most succsessful and most popular bands. but i dont think thats a formula for being the best. i mean, brintey spears is very popular and successful....but she is for sure not the best singer out there.

just my 2 cents.
AC/DC are a little overrated. They're given credit for pretty much inventing good rock and roll where in fact that's being going on long before they existed. Although I wouldn't go so far as to say that all their songs sound the same, some of them do, and as far as lyrical content go, yes, they tend to say the same things over and over again. They were not a ground-breaking band and the only thing I think that got them where they were were the extra-raunchy lyrics and the more memorable riffs which were radio friendly (but only just).

Now you see teenagers wearing their shirts when in fact have none of their albums and have heard maybe three songs, but what they are thinking is that AC/DC must have been a band that were cool back then because of their ignorant minds clinging on to the "fact" that all rock bands took loads of drugs then, and that they are still famous now because of it. There are far better bands and more original ones out there, it's just that many people are now too lazy to look. Their albums are still being sold in most music shops so they are easily available. If these kids were to look harder they would find a wealth of bands better at their musicianship and sound than AC/DC.