i don't feel pain while playing guitar, but when i bend my left hand (fretboard) back it hurt on the right side below the thumb, is this guitar related?
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
has any1 experienced it, can diaginose it, know treatments for it?
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
How long have you been playing? What are you palying that it's sore afterwards?

I rememebr when I first started playing barr chords and power chords. There was a pain in the muscle right below my thumb, and a pain in my wrist when I played and when i bent it back. You'll grow out of it and as your hands get stronger, it will take more to make it hurt. And you're wrists will always crack too, I've been playing for 3 years, and whenever I rotate either of my wrists, they crack.

Hope that helped man.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
When I had something like that, it turned out that I was over-working the muscles in my wrist from playing guitar too much. It got pretty bad for me and I ended going to physio. But for now try getting a wrist brace and wearing it when it hurts. Wearing it overnight helps too.
Premier Bitch of Zacky's Bitches. PM Amy_Lee or Seth Shadow to Join.
Wicked-Awesome Memberof the Bass Militia.
PM Indiemetalhead to join.

Quote by bassdrum
my wtf moment was when I went camping. The day after I was like....

WTF made me want to go camping.....
awsome, and ive had my guitar for 4 years(birthday present), but ive only been playin heavy and taking it seriously for like a year (maybe year and a 1/2, 2), and i don't wanna get a RSI or something and not be able to play its all i wanna do
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
ya yestday it hurt and i put on a wrist brace as i slept and it helped, do you know if this is a cure or a relieve for something that wont go away?
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Last edited by IbanezxXx at Aug 29, 2006,
any1 kno?
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Just do the stretches in the first part of John Petruccis Rock Discipline video, you can find it on Google Video.
raise ur guitar strap.
its muscle pain most likely. whenever u learn a new technique or hold ur thumb the wrong way, or press too hard, u run the risk of straining the thumb, wrist elbow and or shoulder.

so warm up before u play, use rubberbands and tenis balls to stretch and squeeze to build strength, raise ur strap, stop when u feel pain, take breaks and cool down by holding a cool can of "soda" after practice.

if it gets red, swollen, hurts all the time, doesnt lessen over a couple weeks time or alarms u an any other way, see a doctor.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
thanx, and my guitar strap is pretty high, any higher in i i don't think i could pick properly, lol, but thanx for all the advice
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX