I've had a few recommendations for said amp, just wanted a little more opinion before purchasing, so, any opinions on the Traynor Custom Valve 50WBLUE All-tube combo amplifier?
It's a solid amp, splits the fender/marshall difference with aplomb. Looks cool too.

Just don't call it 'all tube.' I know they do, but... *cough*SS Rectifier*cough*
Ok, cool, thanks, so, it's not actually all-tube? geez, what's this world come to.... any more opinions?
I LOVE THIS AMP!!! I played one a few days ago through a g400 with emg 81/85 it was awesome.. the cleans were wicked i dont know why people bad mouth emgs for having bad clean sound..
Quote by punkrawkdude
Ok, cool, thanks, so, it's not actually all-tube? geez, what's this world come to.... any more opinions?

Don't worry about that, it's a really nit-picky point that's mostly irrelevant. It's a tube amp, it just as an SS rectifier, which means that it's not truly 'all tube.' However, some people like SS rectifiers better than tube ones, and it certainly doesn't mean the amp is inferior to one with a tube rectifier. Keep in mind most tube amps made today don't have rectifier tubes (excepting, of course, the mesa rectifier series and a few reissues- Vox, a few Fenders.)
this is a great amp. i was deciding between this and a fender hot rod deluxe. i played both and i just couldnt get over the hot rod's clean so i bought a ds-1 to pump the distortion up. The traynor is a good buy though for sure. GREAT distortion! clean is nice too. play it before you buy it though
Ibanez RG770DX /w Floyd Rose & Stock Pickups
Aria AK-80 Classical Concert Guitar
Boss DS-1
Boss TU-2
Electro-Harmonix Russian Big Muff Pi
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Heet Sound Ebow
yeah, I wanted to play it before buying it, but there's absolutely not place that carrys that stuff around where I live, the closest is like over an hour away, but I may go there anyway, but thanks to everyone for opinions!
At low gain setting it sounds wonderful, you can easily get a tone almost identical to AC/DC and the like. At higher gain settings, the low end gets quite muddy so it's not great for high gain rhythm, but the lead tone is great. I'm still using the stock tubes, and I've heard installing new, high quality tubes makes a world of difference, so I'm eager to hear what it will sound like once I switch them out.

*cough*SS Rectifier*cough*

The pre-amp and power-amp sections are tube.

Rectification is just the process by which the amp converts DC to AC power. It makes a slight difference in tone, but not necessarily a bad one as is the case with SS pre-amp and power-amp sections.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Last edited by Archeo Avis at Aug 30, 2006,
Quote by Archeo Avis

The pre-amp and power-amp sections are tube.

Rectification is just the process by which the amp converts DC to AC power. It makes a slight difference in tone, but not necessarily a bad one as is the case with SS pre-amp and power-amp sections.

Kind of like my second post said, yeah.
Again, it's not even an issue. It just means it's not 'all-tube' in the traditional sense. That's it! Nothing else! And what's in a name, anyway?
So, it's just what's it called really, not really anything to do with how it performs, alrighty, thank ya muchly.