Ya. Im new to this site. So I thought i'd give this a shot.
i've been playing bass for about 4-5 months. I just recently started playing with my friends in a band, and we started writing our own music just yesterday. i think its time for me to get a new bass though. i've got about 240 bucks to spend on 1. im looking at the b.c. warlock on guitar center for 230. but i've heard those arent any good. so any suggestions?
also, another question. whats the difference between a jazz bass and a regular one?
It's only been 4-5 months there's no way in hell you should get a new guitar untill you can play Rancid's alubm ...And Out Comes the wolves From Begining to end. Or wait 3 years. Then Get A New bass.
Quote by NoneMoreBlack
It's only been 4-5 months there's no way in hell you should get a new guitar untill you can play Rancid's alubm ...And Out Comes the wolves From Begining to end. Or wait 3 years. Then Get A New bass.

I can play lock step and go, and 11th hour. they're the only songs i've tried to play. im not really a big rancid fan.
but let me rephrase it. i've been playing bass for a year after 4 months of accoustic, i've been taking lessons for 4-5 months.
Quote by NoneMoreBlack

Honestly? That has to be one of the most rediculous comments I have EVER heard.

Your need for a new bass has nothing to do with your ability to play an album all the way through.

To the thread starter: What kind of bass do you currently have? What kind of Amp do you currently have? What is the wattage of your guitarists amp? If you've only been playing 4 or 5 months I don't suggest sinking any money into a new bass. Especially not B.C. Riches, they are terrible basses.

For right now (not knowing your equipment) continue saving up your money, and keep progressing in your playing. $240 is not enough money to buy even a decent intermediate bass (which is most likely what you will want). Save up to about $500-600 and then start looking, you will be much happier with the bass.
Develop your style, then you'll know what bass will help that style the most. In layman's terms, wait a while, dude.