I take it that f-spaced pickups only matter in the bridge posistion, as i have an Edge pro trem and am gona install a Demarzio Evo, should i get f-spaced or does it not make any difference?

Cheers everyone (again )
From what I've heard, f-spacing means f-all. If your really worried about it, get a pickup with rails.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
From what I've heard, f-spacing means f-all. If your really worried about it, get a pickup with rails.

Congratulations! You're 100% correct!
yes. the pro is based on a floyd rose, so youll need the F spaced pickup.
Quote by Vornik
Wow you just made us all look retarded for not suggesting that...

Quote by Doppleganger
Dude,

I can use Google.
Quote by casualty01
13 yr olds should not attempt to make "points". Especially with their heads firmly lodged up their fucking ass.
Quote by Swift_Death
yes. the pro is based on a floyd rose, so youll need the F spaced pickup.

Wrong. It's such a small difference in spacing, it doesn't matter.
Quote by tylerishot
Congratulations! You're 100% correct!

Yay! Do I get a cookie or something?
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero

im trying to learn something new so what does f spacing mean?
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
oh ok thanks
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by tylerishot
Wrong. It's such a small difference in spacing, it doesn't matter.

why wouldn't you get a pickup designed for your particular bridge? We are so concerned about tone in other aspects, I don't see the point of not using a pickup that has the poles lined up perfectly under the strings like it was designed for. How can that not help for balanced output, when even raising or lowering has such an effect? If you don't use F-spaced with a floyd, the high and low E strings are outside the edge of the outter poles.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I read a few posts before i posted this thread, no one seems to be able to decide wethere f-spacin makes a difference or not!

I'm sure it only makes a difference on the bridge posistion, guess i'll get f-spaced to be safe, which blows cos i can't find an F-spaced evo in the colour i want.
I dunno man, it's just opinion, I've never quantified it. Maybe it didn't make a difference for tylerishot. I can tell you though, I've used non F spaced with a floyd rose, and it always bugged me that the poles didn't line up. I would move it over so the low E was lined up, because it sounded better to me with the pole right under the pup when I was playing rythms, muting, pinches, etc... I didn't notice it "as much" on the higher E, but I remember still being annoyed that it was a touch better if I had the pup lined up under the high E instead. Here is the guitar, I used the non F spaced pups because I already had them from a previous guitar. You can see on the bridge pup how I have it lined up so the low E is centered over the pole. After using them, I would always buy the pups designed for my bridge given the choice from now on.

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
first off, sweet guitar.

I hear what your sayin, as it seems no one can reach an agreement i think i'll go with an f-spaced bridge pup, better safe than sorry.

I'm right in thinkin it only matters with the bridge tho?
thanks man

yeah, the neck pup is a regular non F spaced too, and you can see how it sits perfectly under the strings in the neck.
amp clips
amp vids
cool, decision made, f-spaced bridge it is, alltho i'll have to settle for a different colour, damnit!

Now i'm tryin to decide on my middle pup to go with evo bridge and paf pro neck.
hmm, since you're covered for pretty much high gain stuff, what are you looking for out of a single? Also, since you're in the UK, have you checked out the Swineshead pups or Bareknuckles? Dave_Mc raves about the swinesheads, and I own some Bareknuckles, so I know they are excellent pups. Aren't Dimarzio a little high priced over there? That's what I was told anyway. There might be better options for the money.
amp clips
amp vids
I'm gettin them from the usa, including shipping they work out around £35 so i'm made.
I'm pretty certain i want dimarzio, after playing my mates for a while i got addicted!
that's cool, just so you've checked out alternatives too. £35($66USD?) doesn't seem bad if they include shipping. You really could go with any pup in the middle though, are set on Dims there too? I don't use my middle pup much, so I just threw in a texas special mid pup to use for some bluesy tones in my RG. I think Dirk Gently has clips of the Dim chopper if you wanted to check that out, I thought it sounded pretty good. That was going to be my next choice if I lost the bid on the texas special. I got it dirt cheap though, so it was a no brainer.
amp clips
amp vids
just had a listen to the chopper on the dim site, sounds sweet, i can't really imagine what a evo/paf pro/chopper combo would sound like. The chopper was kinda vintage strat with a bit more kick i guess.