Ok, so today we didnt have school because of a "hurricane" that was comming. Well the hurricane pretty much just turned into a mild thunderstorm. So I decided it was time for an Octave pedal. I decided on an octave up because I wanted to use it with my 4uzz pedal to give it a nice high octave fuzz. Well, I had all the parts I needed and I was bored so I went through with it. Heres some pictures so far:

Circuit Board:

With Offboard Wiring Strip and Pots:

Soldering:

I tried to get the components as close to the board as possible so it looks nice and neat. One pot is for bias and one is for volume. I still have to fix it up a bit in order to get it working. As soon as I get it working, I will have some soundclips up. Let me know what you think so far. It should be a pretty nice project.

, Kerry
Wow, nice clean soldering mate. At least better than I can do.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
It's nice to know the hurricane became a storm (my dad's in FL)

And that souds like an awesome build.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
yes*joins absinthe5765*soundclips!soundclips!soundclips!soundclips!soundclips!
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
haha thanks everyone. This did turn out very clean and neat on the board. May be a good excuse to use plexiglass top .

I said that I will have soundclips as soon as I have it working. I may have to go buy 2N4547s because that is what this version calls for and I used J201s. I have one 2N4547 but need one more. That was only for 2 of the transistors. The other 2 are fine.
Last edited by call1800ksmyazz at Aug 29, 2006,
haha well, you see. Back in the day when I was building the 4uzz, I was going to use a plexiglass top. So I bought the plexiglass. Then the 4uzz had millions of wires so I scraped that idea. Then you decided to have a plexiglass top, so I am just reclaiming my idea. haha.
very nice. thats not exactly my idea, mine was the sandblasted one thats filled with LEDs

btw im STILL waiting on that thunderchief, there was a problem with paypal, so i had to send them a check in the mail. Im getting anxious.
your work is getting cleaner each time
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
Ohh yea. Where did you order from? Small Bear? Have you talked to the guy? I have talked to him (Steve Daniels) a few times on the phone about how long shipping would be and stuff. He should be able to tell if he got your check or if he has shipped it.

Quote by t heff
your work is getting cleaner each time

Yea, thanks. . Clean soldering
pretty much if i had money for parts i'd do what u do, but right now i am working on a pa with some sick modds 2 it

Quote by LightningRider

Quote by Will_Minus

Quote by carousel182
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
Ohh yea. Where did you order from? Small Bear? Have you talked to the guy? I have talked to him (Steve Daniels) a few times on the phone about how long shipping would be and stuff. He should be able to tell if he got your check or if he has shipped it.

Yea, thanks. . Clean soldering

Yeah Steves a great guy, hes been helping me with it.
Were'd you get the schematic for this one?

Very nice and clean work BTW, I hope to build one of these pretty soon aswell and this thread is just giving more incentive to go for it. Can't wait to hear some clips.

EDIT: V Thanks a lot man.
Hai UG!
Last edited by L_Z_Nut at Aug 29, 2006,
Ok, so I just tried it again and this time I tried it through my 4uzz. It definately is working. The only thing is that I think the J201 transistors I used arent high enough gain to get this working right. I have to get 1 more 2N5457 to change the J201s for.

Maybe Pink_Queen can help me with this... Would changing the two J201s for two 2N5088s work as well as putting two 2N5457s?

As soon as I get this finished right, there will be sound clips!
i live in south florida, and this was a pussy storm. it hasnt done anything yet. well, i cant complain, 2 days off of school!! thats not that bad...
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
Quote by t heff
pretty much if i had money for parts i'd do what u do, but right now i am working on a pa with some sick modds 2 it

I've never seen any completed projects of yours. Pm me pics?

/spam

I <3 Octave pedals. nice work, mate

/pretending to be English. I am New English
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
Quote by poochy
I've never seen any completed projects of yours. Pm me pics?

/spam

I <3 Octave pedals. nice work, mate

/pretending to be English. I am New English

there is a thread on it, and i am resorting to my webcam to post pics tomarrow

Quote by LightningRider

Quote by Will_Minus

Quote by carousel182
Oh yea soundclips. I had been working on the Super Hard On, but I will get soundclips. I dont think this is as good as its supposed to be so I think I may build a different octave pedal. I will figure it out.
Hmm...yes i would like soundclips, because i'm building an Octup...also if you got any tips for buildin it it would be great, cuz this is my first pedal
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660