what do you think? if you are gonna talk **** about him please do not write.... do we have a guitar god now????????? noooooooooooooo
its only one and that is hendrix
I am sorry. Hendrix is an amazing guitrist, I will give him that. But have you heard some classical guitarists? Their friggen amazing, you can't tell which string their playing, it's so cool.
I'll admit, Hendrix is amazing. And was very influential in his time, and still is, but hes not the greatest. At least to some people, to you he is. But my personal opinion, Steve Vai could beat his a** any day.
I dunno man I give Hendrix props but I prefer Carlos Santana more than Hendrix
if we continue to worship the guitarists of the past, the guitarists of the future will never appear. hendrix was good because he was original, smart and talented. there are plenty of (albiet less technically skilled) guitarists out there with similar qualities. hero worship is a bad thing always
Quote by doki
if we continue to worship the guitarists of the past, the guitarists of the future will never appear.

Sounds great to me

Yes, Hendrix is great. Hendrix and Eddie Van Halen changed guitar playing forever,
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
yea he was a great song writer.... but his guitar playin wasnt too good by todays standards or even by back then.....

i mean jimmy page, alvin lee, santana, jeff beck. they were all really good and way less sloppy no matter what you say... listen to live jimi then live page lee santana or beck.... any they are cleaner.....

on there other hand jimi did something new with the guitar that none of them did. he used alot of feed back and stuff. he also inspired tons of people to play.... but then agein so did jimmy page and santana

you cant say hes the best at the guitar but we cant say hes the worst... hes one of the best rock guitarest along with you know page, beck, santana, schon, gilmour, evh, ect.

also its all opinion really i mean you can say who the best is.... if hendrix page santana beck clapton.... and them all had a guitar off then maby we could say who the best was/is ... but no one knows for sure.... it wasnt like it is now back then where we have tours (g3) where guitar players all jam and swich on and off soloing showing there best skills and try to show up the others.......
Last edited by the_white_bunny at Aug 29, 2006,
I love Jimi Hendrix, he's definitely my favorite, but I willingly admit that he isn't the best. He was sloppy. Just listen to his Voodoo Child then Stevie Ray Vaughn's. I like Hendrix's version better, but SRV has more skills, as do others. One thing about Hendrix though is that his music was soulful, he put so much emotion into every note he played.
He will always be the greatest because he was the most influential and an innovator, look at all the "greatest guitarist ever" polls from rolling stone and such. Obviously today there are better guitarists out there but in my opinion there will never be another hendrix again.
"And you will never hear surf music again..."
Quote by R0CKER1220
I'm a Hendrix obsessor, I love his music, but he is no longer the best guitarist. He is without a doubt the most influencial guitarist, but no longer the best.

for sure, i think vai could take him, as clapton...
Quote by machupichu87
what do you think? if you are gonna talk **** about him please do not write.... do we have a guitar god now????????? noooooooooooooo
its only one and that is hendrix

Shut. The Fuck. Up.

I mean, I love Hendrix and all, but still...shut the fuck up. And if I have to explain why, then I will gladly find you and kick you in the head repeatedly until you understand.
"Let there be light...sound...drums...guitar...LET THERE BE ROCK!" - Let There Be Rock, AC/DC
Hendrix is not the best, perhaps one of the most influential (note I didn't say most influential) guitarists. No one can decide who the best guitarist is. You may say who the most influential guitarist is but you'd be going back a long way, Robert Johnson, Charlie Christian, BB King, Muddy Waters, Chuck Berry, Chet Atkins etc. He may be your favourite but he's not the best. No guitarist in the world can be called the best because there are so many styles and techniques to take into consideration.