Page 1 of 2
Ok - The title says it all. What's the most comfortable guitar you've ver played? Based ONLY on how comfortable it was - not sound or name, just comfort.

For me, it had to be the Epiphone Les Paul Standard. I have yet to find a guitar as comfortable to play. AMAZING neck with a good feel.

So, start posting what guitars you have felt the were most comfortable!
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
when i first got my epi LP my right arm kept resting right againt the edge of the body and the body is pretty sharp....but now im used to it
but the jaguar is comfy, the body is so perfect
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
eric johnson strat
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
So far, my '98 Jackson PS-4 Dinky Performer.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
this pimped out pink fur-bodied electric washburn at my local shop
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
So far, a Gibson Les Paul Supreme. The funny thing was, is the pickup switch was backwards.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
For me its a tie between, My epi sg, thin body, light to pickup, Easy fret access, And my old Fender cyclone 2, the body contour was So Comfortable, there thinner then strats, and the scale lenthe was the same as my sg.....I MISS MY CYCLONE!!!!
Last edited by Spade1 at Aug 29, 2006,
EBMM John Petrucci 6 w/ Piezos.

The forearm cutaway is really big and gives a nice place to rest your arm, and it kinda like cradles your arm.

The bridge feels like a TOM (very comfortable for palm muting) but works like a Floyd... very comfy to work with.

And the neck... wow.. that neck. Birdseye maple, some crazy gunstock oil + other EBMM secret stuff, it has a thin C shape which has substantially more feel than most thin U type guitars, it's got nice grip, but it's thin as a mother. Very easy fret access, very easy to play guitar.
haha
My RG1570.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Quote by SGStrummer61
So far, a Gibson Les Paul Supreme. The funny thing was, is the pickup switch was backwards.

u know u might hav e a shot of getting the price lowered because of that.
My Jimmy page les paul, ive tried all the others in almost every store ive gone to, and i have to say the slim taper neck is comfort to the power of 10, and i love the way the body sinks into mine, the guitar becomes a part of me
Gear:
since everyone was bitching, heres my favorites...
-1995 Jimmy Page Les paul (16th bday)
-1960 Gibson Les Paul reissue
-2003 Epiphone Les Paul Classic
-Hot Rodded 100 watt marshal (200 watts)
how much did you pay for that guitar Z-oSo,

the most confortable guitar for me, i played a fender jaguar from the 50's once, and it was awesome
my own ibanez rg760. the wizard neck is so thin and fast, it also has a curve on the body where i can rest my arm
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
The Ibanez JS series have the finest contours. They fit like a glove.

I don't see how anybody can find a LP shaped guitar noticeably comfortable, seeing as they are heavy, and don't have contours, but to each his own I guess.
The Ibanez S series. The neck is great, and they fit perfectly on my lap/when im standing without obstructing anything.

I also love the feel of Teles and Strats, the neck is extremely comfortable.
Ric 360
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
Quote by TimmyPage06
The Ibanez S series. The neck is great, and they fit perfectly on my lap/when im standing without obstructing anything.

I also love the feel of Teles and Strats, the neck is extremely comfortable.

yeah I tried a fender American strat the other day, Man the neck fits right in your hand,
any Gibson Les Paul with binding is the most comfortable, and if not a paul then the steve vai ibanez signature model is almost as amazing
It Was a Black 1966 Fender Strat. I much preferred it to my 57. To me it just sounded and felt better. I still appreciate my old '57, but it was starting to get beat up so I had to retire and replace it with a *nearly* identical looking 50's strat, Its no comparison.

I would give anything to have that 66.
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
Last edited by Ranger01 at Aug 30, 2006,
Mine. And i've tried lots of other guitars, epiphones, squires, fenders, you name it. Nothing has as good a feel as my tele.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
Parker Fly
hands down the most ergonomic and lightweight thing I've ever played, with a neck designed for speed and comfort
Founder of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join

Member #6 'I <3 mids' club. PM Roc8995.

My Name is: Tony
See sig. I love the Custom 22 so much I bought two. That's sayin' somethin' right there.
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
For me it's between my to be Epiphone Les Paul (Paying off monthly to the guy in the shop - Have it by November) and my current Guitar - a £45 second hand Blaze Stratocaster copy. So comfortable to play, words can't describe it.
Quote by IbanezRckr101
epi SG, it just felt good, i liked the neck and i didnt mind the balance, or lack of

I agree. I've found the Epiphone SG's fatter, rounder neck to be pretty comfortable.
Original Songs by IggyG:
Hit My Name!
Gibson SG, I love the neck and its pitched perfectly, strat necks genneral have no pitch at all (although its adjustable, but thats a major pain in the ass), plus i just like the fatter neck.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
only guitar iu've ever owned....

my series A(ya i have no idea either lol)

its a strat copy..not too heavy

i like it..but i have othing to compare it to
my ibanez is insanly awsome, no idea what it is but the neck is soooo thin and awsome, i mean iv played other guitars but they dont even compare

sometimes......when im not playing......il just hold onto it cause i love the thin neck so much
62 Les Paul SG Junior (re routed for hubmucekrs), since it was not only as comfortable as a normal SG, but also was extremly light and sounded great.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Well i checked out some Dean guitar (forgot what model)

but anyways...jezus that guitar was lightweighted compared to mine , felt good and...pfoe i could reach every fret with ease :p unlike my current guitar =P

so probably that...but then again i haven't tested that many guitars (all my friends have the same type/style guitar) :p ya know basic ....so
the ibanez SA series (i think it was SA260FM) felt really good... awesome neck and it was so light(which was good)

my cyclone feels comfortable too...(probably the short neck) also the squier affinity tele was felt much more comfortable than i thought.
Fender Mex Cyclone HH
**ZOOM G7.1ut**
Yamaha COD-100 Overdrive
Big Muff Pi USA
Danelectro Chorus
Behringer EQ
Dinosaur Heavy Metal

member #4 of the "can't we forget about punk, emo, metal, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK?" group
Page 1 of 2