Sorry if I am in the wrong part of the Forums to be asking this, but is it possible to plug an electric guitar into an surround sound system? Like lets say a home theater sound system, I have a Yamaha RX-V430 home theater system. Is it possible to do this without blowing a fuse or something? Need some tips on how to set it up if you will?

If I am not in the right place can someone redirect me please.
My Equipment:

-KE3 Kelly Jackson
-Hyburn Stratocaster
-Marshall G80RCD
-Marshall AVT series 4x12" extension cab.
-Digitech Death Metal Distortion Pedal

ICED EARTH
It is , but i wouldnt advise it. You can blow out the speakers of your sound system.
FlickR
iBanez Rg550 20th Anniversary.
iBanez GRG170DX W/ Dimarzio Steve's Special
VTM 60 Tube Head
Carvin Legacy Vai Cabinet 4x12 Cabinet
Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive
ZW-44 Overdrive
Zakk Wylde Signiture Wah
yeah, the output on ur guitar has to match the input on the speakers...i think. i have no idea about anything with electricity except that it can hurt u.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
i wouldnt advise it either
Ibanez RG770DX /w Floyd Rose & Stock Pickups
Aria AK-80 Classical Concert Guitar
Boss DS-1
Boss TU-2
Electro-Harmonix Russian Big Muff Pi
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Heet Sound Ebow
I play through an old stereo system sometimes and nothing bad has happened yet but I don't crank it up or anything. I would assume it would work through your system as long as the speakers were rated well enough for it but if you don't know I wouldn't try it if you like the system.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
This is like the 100th time a 'guitar through a home theater' thread has come up this week. You can use the Search thing and get better answers like that Im sure.