Hi, I'm thinking of putting some new pups into my MIM tele. It's routed for humbuckers in the neck (i think). I give it a new sound. I was thinking of either putting hot rails in the bridge, or putting a humbucker in the neck. Problem is, I know that a neck humbucker would give me a fatter tone, but I really love the cleans on the neck pickup now. Do you have any suggestions on which humbucker I should put in my neck position? One that has nice cleans for blues and chord work, but also good distortion. I play punk.

edit:

Sorry in advance for my crappy grammar and stuff.
Last edited by pugnapugnapugna at Aug 29, 2006,
Just get texas specials they will take what the pickups are now but give it more punch and make it able to handle more distortion but still have all the sounds you like on it now.
It's actually pugna.

So...what's a pugna?

I have a Seymour Duncan Jazz humbucker in the neck, and it's fantastic. I'd say that's good for nice cleans runs, and when you turn up the distortion, it still delivers.
Fender Mex Cyclone HH
**ZOOM G7.1ut**
Yamaha COD-100 Overdrive
Big Muff Pi USA
Danelectro Chorus
Behringer EQ
Dinosaur Heavy Metal

member #4 of the "can't we forget about punk, emo, metal, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK?" group
^ too bad he has a tele
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
^ too bad he has a tele

Ya know? He can just remove the middle coil.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
tele bridges have the pick-up screws set up differently, so they won't work with strat pick-ups.

red dots = screws on tele bridge pick-up
blue dots = screws on a strat bridge pick-up
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club