http://azurenight.dmusic.com/ < Wake Up Dead cover (preferably download, lower quality sounds like shit)

Just recorded this, I did the guitars and composing/compiling of course, and the drums and bass are midi. There are a few errors in playing (especially the riff before the end riff) but I'm satisfied with it (and a bit drunk).

Edit: And it's in D standard tuning, so don't say that it sounds wrong from the original in terms of tuning.

It's also a bit quiet, so turn it up.

Critiques please!
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Last edited by AzureNight at Aug 30, 2006,
i play down a whole step too. i love playing songs that are in standard tuning down a step. it adds a cool flavor to it. your playing is awesome. the ending solo could use a little work, but it was way better than i could do.
Which part of the ending solo - the legato sounded decent to me, I guess I screwed up the small ascending lick somewhere in it. I also noticed I forgot to play and add that lick before the ending riff.
I've never heard the origional, but that was awesome. What album is it from, 'cause I really liked that and must get some of their stuff.

Quote by Witch-king
I've never heard the origional, but that was awesome. What album is it from, 'cause I really liked that and must get some of their stuff.

Peace Sells...But Whose Buying? is the album.

Oh and guitarbt.com works for me, thanks man.
Last edited by AzureNight at Aug 30, 2006,
The BT is kinda meh.

Rhythm tone is kinda fuzzy.There several mistakes through the song in the rhythm.Left side is out of sync with the right side a lot of times.

But the solos sounded very cool.Some mistakes, sure, but they sounded cool.Work on a better tone and the rhythm.
Yeah the BT is just midi with altered EQ settings so it sounds better.

For some reason I find it hard to sync, especially since my setup has a pretty 'precise' tone that makes errors obvious, and that I have to play the song twice and then put the two tracks together and 'align' them.