I have about $800 USD to spend on an amp and overdrive pedal. I'm thinking about getting a Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer Overdrive Pedal Modded Plus by Robert Keeley, but if anyone knows any better overdrive pedals for around the same price tell me....I could get an Engilsh Muff'n but then only $600 USD to spend on an amp.....this is fatoring in shipping or tax, most likely getting from MF though. I have NO IDEA what amp to get though.....think accordingly though, because I can use $800 USD on an amp AND pedal. I play rythmn guitar for a classic rock / blues band, but more classic rock, so I'd perfer something that sounded better on rythmn than lead. Bands that are my style are Pink Floyd, The Doors, The Who, The Yardbirds, Led Zepplin, The Rolling Stones, The Jimi Hendrix Expierence, The Red Hot Chili Peppers (Even though they are modern), and a couple more but that pretty much sums it up.

Thanks for reading and/or posting.
I think the fender hot rod deluxe and the tube screamer would be a pretty good deal.
With that much money left over......I could buy an English Muff'n.....should I get that over a Modded Tubescreamer?
dude...get the ****in hot rod. thats awesome for ur style and it has awesome solo sounds
i have the hot rod deluxe and it is great man.
i recommend it fully. Great blues overdrive, and the cleans are beautiful.
Ibanez RG770DX /w Floyd Rose & Stock Pickups
Aria AK-80 Classical Concert Guitar
Boss DS-1
Boss TU-2
Electro-Harmonix Russian Big Muff Pi
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Heet Sound Ebow
/\ alright, all amps suggested have been the fender hot rod deluxe, sounds like the amp to get for sure, but does anyone know any good overdrive pedals?Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer modded, English Muff'n, Boss Super Overdrive, Boss SD-1, etc.?
Last edited by Dilweed at Aug 30, 2006,
I use the Boss SD-1. I like it for the overdriven sounds, but if you are only using it to as a clean boost, then avoid it. It adds a lot of treble to your sound. TS9 seems to be the most well known OD around. I have no experience but from whatever says, they are great.
yeah everybody loves TS9's
Ibanez RG770DX /w Floyd Rose & Stock Pickups
Aria AK-80 Classical Concert Guitar
Boss DS-1
Boss TU-2
Electro-Harmonix Russian Big Muff Pi
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Heet Sound Ebow
Should I get the TS-9 modded by Robert Keeley though to be a TS-9 Mod Plus?
^ I would take a look at the Maxon tubescreamers. Maxon originally manufactured the tubescreamers for Ibanez but stopped production for them recently (or so I heard anyway). They have a much sweeter, tighter sound than the Ibanez tube screamers. Plus the OD9 is wired true bypass
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Maxon-OD808-Overdrive?sku=155025
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Maxon-OD9-Overdrive-Effects-Pedal?sku=155056

You should always check other threads aswell;
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422589
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Last edited by StuC at Aug 30, 2006,