i had a new pack of thick guage strings the other day and i put them in the freezer cuz my teacher said it would keep them from breaking in the long run and i just put them on my guitar. gotta tell you, slides have never been easier and sumthin else i noticed, the distortion was way more noticable and distinct(strings are still frozen btw). any1 else ever try or heard of this?
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
Quote by garfunkleskater
nope havent. but wouldnt thick gauged strings last longer anyway?

i dunno jus doin wut i was told. u actually get a better sound until they defrost
The 60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great.
wouldnt take long for them to defrost though would it?
Ibanez RG770DX /w Floyd Rose & Stock Pickups
Aria AK-80 Classical Concert Guitar
Boss DS-1
Boss TU-2
Electro-Harmonix Russian Big Muff Pi
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Heet Sound Ebow
^5 mins but nonetheless, awesome tone for sum reason(i wouldnt want to keep the tone i got but cool to improv with it for 5 mins)
haha cool man. you're crazy.
Ibanez RG770DX /w Floyd Rose & Stock Pickups
Aria AK-80 Classical Concert Guitar
Boss DS-1
Boss TU-2
Electro-Harmonix Russian Big Muff Pi
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Heet Sound Ebow
oh, and 1 more thing u can only string the 5th and 6th strings or by the time u have the whole guitar strung they wont be cold anymore
Have fun with water dripping on your guitar.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Could just be me...but if there is no water on the string when you start freezing it...there won't be any when it's frozen...again maybe it's just me...
-Epiphone Riviera w/ Bigsby and Gibson 490r/498t combo
-Epiphone Es-333 Delonge Edition
-Fender Twin Reverb '65
It makes very little difference, hardens the structure of the strings... brightness... yada yada... neglidgble considering they're room temp by the time their on... but deep freezing cycles and heating would temper the strings... resulting in change in structure at room temp
Founder of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join

Member #6 'I <3 mids' club. PM Roc8995.

My Name is: Tony
What strings did you change from and what size were they? Simply putting new strings on your guitar from the old beaters could make the difference. Also, if you go from small strings to thick ones, your volume will increase and your tone will change.

Your regular freezer doesn't get cold enough to change anything structurally about strings. Not like cryogenic freezing anyway. I'm just not sold the difference you're hearing is due to the freezing process.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
And you would know, seeing as you're a sled dog extraordinare, always working in the snow and such
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Lol
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
Quote by J.MitMetallica
And you would know, seeing as you're a sled dog extraordinare, always working in the snow and such

It's a fine line between clever and stupid.