so i really want to be more like Jerry Garcia and Dave Gilmour (if you dont knoew em, no need to respond).. but my lead work and solo skills are a bit lacking..

i originally planned on being a ryhthm man, so i built an extensive chord vocab, but still my fingering is sluggish and fumbling.

i CAN play:
st. stephen - dead,
turn on your love light - dead,
white lace and strange - nirvana
brain damage - floyd (except the chorus, where i use chords to just follow the song), the solo to roulette-soad,
the solo to something - beatles,
the intro to no rain - melon
the intro (pianos intro) to while my guitar... - beatles
smokestack lightning - howlin wolf
sunshine of your love - cream
revolution-beatles

thats pretty much it
.. but im really high right now and cant remember more.

so are there any suggestions to being able to get faster and stronger for leading and soloing longer?

seeing what i can do, what do you think i should learn next? are there any practices i can do to help this?

** these arent all the songs i know, more like the ones that have extensive finger working. most of the stuff i play is chordal work, so i didnt list the tons of beatles songs i know for johns part or grateful dead tunes from bob.
Quote by hippie_cune
no one?

Learn the scales and all the positions of what those guys use. Then its all about experimentation and experience. Play to a backing track. Slow down and try to really feel the rhythm and try to express yourself. Then when you get good at that you can express yourself without thinking too much. Speed? Develop finger strength and just practise. OH and learn a bunch of gilmour and garcia licks and use them in your playing.
Minister of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartBreaker to join
#6 member of the oasis fan club
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
'89 fender american strat
Vox ad15vt
Peavey raptor plus EXP(bridge: alnico 2 pro)
yamaha f-310p
stop making believe you're high
Gear:
-Brownsville BMAG3 (acoustic)
-Fender 70s Reissue 60th anniversary Stratocaster
-Line 6 Flextone III
-Crate RFX30 RetroFex
-Line 6 Tone Port UX1
-Roland Digital Piano HP-4500
-(other stuff)
Quote by fas11030
stop making believe you're high

heh heh heh d00b lyke, im lyke soo high right now heh heh
Quote by krymson
I hope that we could get some real metal out there. I guess A7X a start...
But nu metal does have its moments like Slipknot Mushroomhead and Korn.

Quote by VR2005
...Scales are basically the most useless thing in jazz...