Now I recently bough a Traynor YCV Blue, and I absolutely love the lead sound as well as the sound when the gain is set low. But I can't for the life of me get a rhythm sound that I like out of it.......so I'm shopping for a second amp. My criteria are...

- Decent amount of gain. Mesa level isn't needed, but it has to be able to perform at a "hard rockish" level.
- "Crisp" (I don't if I can apply that word to amp tone........but I will anyway) high end and mid range.
- Tight low end, nothing muddy <-----Very important
- All tube (of course)
- 50 watt range, absolute highest would be 100 watts
- Master volume control

Budget is around $1000. The sound I'm looking for would be best compared to that of Guns 'n Roses.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
marshall dsl50, or something from the JCM series. they'll pretty much do exactly what you want. if your guitar has humbuckers, even better. there's more than enough gain on a DSL, the highs and mids most certainly DO sound crisp, and the low end is nice and clear. it gets a little bit muddy if you go to the neck pickup, and roll back your tone, etc... but that's easily avoidable. it's all tube, and has a master volume.
Quote by frigginjerk
marshall dsl50, or something from the JCM series. they'll pretty much do exactly what you want. if your guitar has humbuckers, even better. there's more than enough gain on a DSL, the highs and mids most certainly DO sound crisp, and the low end is nice and clear. it gets a little bit muddy if you go to the neck pickup, and roll back your tone, etc... but that's easily avoidable. it's all tube, and has a master volume.

The DSL series is actually one that I;ve been looking at. I was waiting to see if anyone would recommend it. I'll have to play it for a while next time I'm down to ye olde guitar shoppe.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Well my first choice would be a Triple Recto.

I knew someone would say that. I hate you.

Why not experiment in finding that sound with overdrive or distortion or EQ pedals before you spend so much on a new amp?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Why not experiment in finding that sound with overdrive or distortion or EQ pedals before you spend so much on a new amp?

I have. The voicing of the amp isn't suitable for what I want in a rhythm sound. That's fine, I don't expect one amp to give me everything I'm looking for.
Quote by R_H_C_P

agreed.
Ibanez RG770DX /w Floyd Rose & Stock Pickups
Aria AK-80 Classical Concert Guitar
Boss DS-1
Boss TU-2
Electro-Harmonix Russian Big Muff Pi
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Heet Sound Ebow