Ok first off, I'm not in a band, but I'm trying to get one together. So I was wondering if it's ok for band members to switch parts. My cuz is going to be singing I was thinking of having this one girl in the band and maybe she could sing for a couple of songs or possibly have her and I switch between rhythm and lead. Is is ok to do this?
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
sure whatever works
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
theres no equation to music man. Do whatever you feel sounds or in some cases...if your on lsd looks right.
man do what you feel, you probably know what's best for you

If you want additional help on tabs, guitar lessons, forums, getting drugs, or just a personal issue, DeSean is willing to help.

Voting for DeSean is a vote for yourself, together we can all win.
Quote by chieftanec
Do whatever you feel sounds or in some cases...if your on lsd looks right.

BTW a pink elephant means good music

There's nothing wrong with switching parts as long as it works.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
Yeah it's ok, but dont let it get to the gimmicky stage. There is a band called Pure Reason Revolution who do this alot and it actually got on my nerves after the 3rd song.
Sounds like a cool idea. That would give your band some versatility.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton