In many solos i come across, usually theres some kind of climactic kind of legato phrase, which uses hammer-ons and pull-offs to make a smooth sound. personally i've always found that just plain picking all such notes creates a stronger, more flowing sound.

would playing everything just straight picking sacrifice the legato sound of such phrases?
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
I would think so, but I am not sure. Might wanna just ignore this post cuz I am new to playing guitar ^^
Quote by WantToLearn
i was biking with my guitar and it fell in a puddle of mud, i was like OH MAN and i whent home immediately and put it in a bucket of water and i then let it dry and i plugged it in and it doesnt work anymore...
well the meanig of legato is smoothly, so generally you wouldn't pick it to get that desired of effect. But if you like it then do so it'll make the solo seem a bit different aswell.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
By picking it, it doesn't become Legato anymore...the whole point of Legato is that it's smooth...like liquid...for it to not sound like that is odd. Perhaps your legato ability is not too good just yet?
just practice legato, when you get good at it you will be a fan of it!
If you pick the notes it aint legato anymore!