does any one have one of these?

i really really want one..its like my dream guitar..cause i love acdc..i envy anyone who has one lol i want one
Last edited by kendal99 at Aug 30, 2006,
ive played them, they arent that great really. The only major difference is the Lyre Vibrola tail piece, but you can get a vintage SG cheaper, (ive seen some from the 70s with that tail piece go for like $1200)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
just hunt down a real '68 SG like the one angus uses, you can get one cheaper than his sig if youre lucky.

Last.fm
Well id love an Angus SG, but thats not because its Angus sig, its bassicly a 98 Re issue (if there was one).
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Yeah, you might as well just get a regular SG, you could probably even get a real 68 for that price.
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

where do u find vintage guitars like that?

and how will i know if i'm getting a '68 anmd not some re issue?
well you can check the serial number, also if its a real '68 it will be more worn looking than a reissue. And also depending on where you live you just go to vintage guitar shops and whatnot, you could look online but then youre chance of beng scammed increases. '68s arent that rare and a 67'-'72 i belive would be just as good since they didnt really make any chages at that time.

Last.fm
They are pieces of S.H.I.T.E!!!!

I love Angus but Gibson messed up big time on the sig.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by kendal99
cool thanks...where would i find the serial number?

for serialazation info check gibsons website, Im not sure how they did them back then, also at least on recent Gibsons the serial number is engraved into the back of the headstock.

Last.fm
Also thye don't make any 68 re iusse, but the Angus sig would be the closest to that (its modeled after Angus 68 SG).
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Angus never even used the pickups that are in his sig guitar, pretty stupid.
Just buy a regular SG, then add the stuff he used onto it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30