ok i just picked up a marshall avt, tried to put it through a behringer quad, heard a pop, smelt burning then the marshall wouldnt turn on,

any help/
Guitarist for Adelaide Post Hardcore band Emerald City EmeraldCityAU

Playing a Fender Blacktop Tele through an Orange Dual Terror and 2x12.
I don't really understand what you tried. Did you try running the speaker out from the AVT into the behringer or something? If so, that would probably have fried the behringer, and blown the fuse on the AVT.

edit wait, this is a behringer cab? did you match the impedance, or if not, what did you use?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Aug 30, 2006,
im pretty sure the fuse is blown, as the avt wont turn on and the quad still works fine

what happens when the fuse blows, im guessing a pop then a lil smoke then a whole lot o smell

ahh here we go, seems like daniel (my brother) tried to put it through a behringer amp (combo) throught the 'slave in' and it went down, im just relaying info for my bro.

my bros ten so he thought it was a quad. ahh well....

edit: i wasnt home at the time so im not to sure what happened im just going of what my bro and dad told me

Last edited by .:Metal Boy:. at Aug 30, 2006,
the behringers fine so do you just think its the fuse in the marshall?

i still think it is cause the power wont even go on.

lol erm...smoke and burning tend to mean it was more than just a fuse. A fuse is there to PREVENT smoke and burning...sooo...
i mean like a lil puff of smoke and a strong smell for a min or so

ohh yeah thanks for the help man

a fuse won't make a puff of smoke like that, that I have seen anyway, that's not usually a good sign. You can try another fuse, but make sure it's the exact same rating, and it's probably a fast blo type.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids