i am seriously considering purchasing this guitar but i'm unsure if it will be able to play everything i play i'm still undecided on my style so what i want to ask is do you think this is a versitile guitar or should i go for the black beauty ?
IMO the Black Beauty with 3 pups is pretty pointless, i don't see why many people would have any use for a middle humbucker. I assume you're talking about Gibson or Epiphone?
^^ not to mention it looks fugly with 3 pickups

Quote by Black60Jack
WTF is a scale any way.

Play it and see what you think.
What sort of music are you playing now?
Doesn't the midnight LP have EMGs? So it's probably going to be incredibly unversitile.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
my lead guitarist has the midnight custom, and yeah its got twin emg 81's and hes got nothing but praise for it
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
i played it and it sounded good but i want to know if this could cover most stlyes decently right now im playing led zepplin and such with some metallica
My be a little to distortion-y for some Zepplin and other classic rock, but it would be great for metal.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
What the hell? You played it, so you should know if you can make Led Zep, etc, sound good on it without having to ask us. Bear in mind the 81's will not get you a good tone for anything but metal.

Saying that though, the sound really depends on the quality of your amp.
^Right on.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Seconded, amp first, guitar later.

Zekk, i'd just like to say that the 'study' thing in your sig is complete bollocks.
Quote by codybcool
Zekk, i'd just like to say that the 'study' thing in your sig is complete bollocks.

I know, and I just posted it because I was bored. If you are offended by it I would be happy to remove it.

Quote by R_H_C_P
So it's probably going to be incredibly unversitile.

God, why do people insist on this stereotype? EMGs can get any tone, they are just hotter than most pickups. They are actually the clearest pickups I've ever used and can achieve any tone from metal to blues and that is perfect for you. But if I were you, I would switch out the 81 in the neck for the 85 because it is better for blues.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Quote by SGStrummer61
I would switch out the 81 in the neck for the 85 because it is better for blues.

^Says the guy who owns an MG and a Spyder...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Yeah, but I can still get nice tones out of them. Both amps are not bad, people just say they are because they expect too much out of them. Plus, I love my Peavey.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!