Ok, i have been looking at buying a new guitar for a little while, and am wondering about the fender strats. I have been mainly looking at the American Standard Strats, onyl cause there in my price range, (up to about 2000 bucks AUD.) Anyways, i play like, acdc, living end, iron maiden, and just generally classic/hard rock to punk. Is this the right guitar for me? If not, and there is another strat in my price range you can recommend go for it. I was looking at the maton MS2000 standard as well, just for the record :P
Yeah, but would i give me the sound i want? For all the different styles, is it still a good solo guitar?
Quote by Matticuss22
Fender USA H-S-S Strat would be better for you, Just becasue it has the humbucker.

But that's wrong in a Strat!!!

Go and play a USA Strat, and see what you think of it, and see if it can handle your type of gain levels well, if it can, buy it.
But try a load of other guitars out before you buy.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
But that's wrong in a Strat!!!

Go and play a USA Strat, and see what you think of it, and see if it can handle your type of gain levels well, if it can, buy it.
But try a load of other guitars out before you buy.

I know, It goes against eveything strats stand-for but they really do bring more beef to the strat.

and Yes, It will get you a decent rock sound, on the other hand you could try a USA Strat and get a SD Stacked Humbucker in the bridge, But then say goodbye to your bridge cleans.
Quote by Matticuss22
I know, It goes against eveything strats stand-for but they really do bring more beef to the strat.

Just sellotape a steak on it then.
Don't be afraid to care"

lol, ^ *shakes head* ahhh, trying em outs kinda hard, cause i live in a small coastal town, and our two music stores are either owned by a crazy german guy who takes about 3 years to say two words cause of his stutter or the other is stocked full of ibanez and epi's. I probably can get hold of a strat tho.
Face it like a man, and kick the German guy in the balls, then politely ask to try out a Strat.

I'm sure they'll have a few Strats though, everywhere does! Good luck.
Don't be afraid to care"

Yeah, i might do that. I really love the strat feel and sound. I was thinking about customizing my squire, (see strat mods) leave a comment thanks guys.
WTF? Everywhere has two guitar stores by my city.

Anyway, Try as many diffrent guitars as you can to see what you like, and see if any neighbouring city or town has a better guitar shop.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
lol, but they're not like, specifically guitars. Its more of an everything music store, that has all instruments in vast quantaties, except that is, guitars. Ive resulted in buying stuff online now though, which is why im trying to study up as much as possible on these instruments. Would it be possible to put fender pickups in a squire standard strat? and get a good tone?
Ours is the same way, except they have every normal instrument in big ammounts, except banjo's, which sucks. I love the banjo.

Quote by alex57910
Would it be possible to put fender pickups in a squire standard strat? and get a good tone?

It'd sound ok, but it'd be no Fender.
Don't be afraid to care"

I know this sounds like a really stupid question, but what would the difference be? Like, sound wise? Its a fairly good quality instrument, i have no doubts about that. I dunno if i just got lucky or what, but yeah
^^Because of the cheaper quality of the wood used for Squiers, various aspects of the tone, mainly sustain, I believe, would suffer. Not to say the tone of a Squier wouldn't be vastly improved by better pickups, but the tone just wouldn't be quite right.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
for those bands id want a humbucker for the bridge, and for up to $2000 id be looking at something else, maybe an RG1570 with money left for new pickups or look at jackson soloists and dinkys, something like this perhaps http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2911000533
i can say the trem should last for at least a year with no problems and even if it does start playing up you can swap it directly for an OFR which will set you back about $350 i think.

anyway, look into those three
What pickups should i stick in the squire then? For like, a classic rock/heavy rock and punk sound? Diamond Dave, i was also looking at matons which im pretty keen on, but i gotta wait until i can try some of em out, to see what all the fuss is eh
None, buy the better guitar.