Now if anyone in Gods name can tell me Tom Morello isn't amazing for making his guitar sound like a monkey getting knifed with some knitting needles they need their head testing.

That riff, no, whole song is awesome. To me that makes me want to hear the new album even more.
He Does Rule I Must Admit, but who wouldnt with the effects he has and the way in which he plays he is truly unique
Without a doubt my favorite recent day guitarist, if not my all-time favorite
I think he's good, but needs others to keep him in check once in awhile, otherwise he sounds pretty bad. ie, half the solos on Audio's 2nd album, the solo on "Shadow on the Sun"... They're good playing, but they just don't fit. A solo is worthless if it's the wrong song.

Still, he'll always be better than me, so that's the extent of my under-qualified opinion. ;P
Away Message: I fell out of my chair, this may take awhile.
i just hope the new album has just one song, at least, to help us remeber the days of RATM
i can see into the future but when i see you i will try to look surpirsed

Hell Rising: Mozza, lvl 5 Vampire/Human
the rage against the machine self titled release was a guitar master piece i think we can all agree, actually a master piece overall
Quote by Covin
I think he's good, but needs others to keep him in check once in awhile, otherwise he sounds pretty bad. ie, half the solos on Audio's 2nd album, the solo on "Shadow on the Sun"... They're good playing, but they just don't fit. A solo is worthless if it's the wrong song.

Still, he'll always be better than me, so that's the extent of my under-qualified opinion. ;P

x2
I like him, but as soon as I heard the original fire for the first time, I was thinking "when does the goofy solo come?"...and sure enough, I was right.
I think its getting old.
Personally, I think the boys in Audioslave need to apply their skills in a manner that would suit Mr. Cornell, considering he's the singer.

Maybe lean a little towards Cornell's Soundgarden style of sound? Now, then I'd buy an Audioslave CD.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
Quote by washburndean
Personally, I think the boys in Audioslave need to apply their skills in a manner that would suit Mr. Cornell, considering he's the singer.

Maybe lean a little towards Cornell's Soundgarden style of sound? Now, then I'd buy an Audioslave CD.

Agreed. Every time I hear an audioslave song I feel that the music should be supporting Zack de la Roca. The band still sounds like Rage...but then Chris Cornell's vocals come in. The Original Fire solo, in particular, absolutely belongs in a Rage song and sounds totally out of place in that song.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
original fire is their WORST song ever!
its completely out of their style
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Last edited by danzig-_- at Aug 30, 2006,
I like that song overall, but the solo, again...
Away Message: I fell out of my chair, this may take awhile.
Good song, bad fitting solo. Not really a bad solo or bad sounding, just misplaced.

I didn't think anyone else but Mr. Morello would use Fuzz+Wah=Almost-Dead Cat in Frying Pan
Quote by danzig-_-
original fire is their WORST song ever!
its completely out of their style

Well... I refer to Original Fire as a "Doesn't Remind Me" type song. I thought when Doesn't Remind Me came out, it was death to my ears. Totally not AS. Then after a while I was all like, "Well they accomplished sounding like nothing I've heard in a long time from a rock band like them." So same thing goes for Original Fire. The more and more I listen to it, it's the simplicity that makes it neat. Revelations should be a damn good CD though. The title track "Revelations" is flippin' AWESOME! Here's a link to it: www.audioslave1.tk

Scroll down until you see "MP3 Revelations"
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
Morello was on Triple J, radi station here in Australia, the greatest one in the world, really.

He was tellign everyone how to do it. He referred to as a 'monkey laughing'.

Basically, wah (der), pushing the string onto the pickup andm as seen in the film clip, turning the tuner back and forth.

All done on the low e string.