i recently just got my second rig, after having a ****ty starter kit, i decided to get a Roland Cube 30 and Ibanez RG321MH comin in the post in the next few days,
but seeing as im pretty new to the gear side of guitar playin, i dont fully understand pedals and stuff,

i want to be able to play clean intros and stuff then go into hard distortion for like verses and choruses and stuff, but my amp didnt come with a channel footswitch, should i get one or will a distortion pedal get teh effect, and what exactly does it do?
Do i put th eamp on clean channel and then hit the pedal for distortion explain, please, i know is very noob but anyhoo (i was reccommended a Boss DS-1)
Just buy a footswitch and you're sorted.
And if you got a distortion pedal (you shouldn't, your amp's distortion is good) you run in on the clean channel and just press it when you want dist.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Yup! Or if you want a different distortion sound (but you're amp has lots of distorted amp models so nothing to worry about)
Have fun.
Don't be afraid to care"

Also, make sure you get a non-latching footswitch. The latching footswitches mean you have to press it twice to switch.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
hey i was just lookin at footswitches on www.gak.co.uk, they dont have many, and they seem to be amp specificlike the marshall 1, also do all footswitches and pedals and stuff need batteries or only some, any suggestions for a decent footswitch thats cheap, nuthin fancy, just gets the job done switch? thanks
Look for a Roland Cube footswitch, and they don't need batteries.
Don't be afraid to care"

they havent got any roland footswitches for amps in this store, only for keyboards and stuff like that, but they got ones for all other amps, :S , u got any ideas where i can get 1? especially u sam, u got a cube, what F/S u got and where did u get it?
According to the specs it has a jack for a footswitch. Just buy one of the Marshall single channel ones and you'll be fine.
I wouldn't recommend a Marshall footswitch, because, like most other footswitches, they have a latching mechanism. However I read somewhere the Cube needs a non-latching footswitch or you have to press it twice to switch. To prove this theory, plug a normal guitar cable into the footswitch jack, and press the other end with something metal like a paperclip. It will switch channel (or turn off effects, depending on where you plugged it into).

The one Roland recommends is the Boss one (FS-2 I believe it's called). Roland and Boss are kinda affiliated or something so guess it makes sense for Roland to recommend Boss. There is a latching and a non-latching footswitch btw, make sure you get the right one. However any non latching footswitch will do. A mate of mine on the forum has a Cube and he picked up a cheap footswitch from an online DIY kinda place for a couple of quid and it does the job.

Oh, and I borrowed a Marshall footswitch from a friend which is how I first came accross the problem. Also, I don't use a footswitch to switch channels on my amp. I don't like the clean channel, I usually end up just using the Black Panel setting on the Lead side of the amp and just deal with not being able to switch to distortion mid-song.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700