Evenin all
i've come to ask
are pinch harmonics harder on semi hollow guitars/different sounding?
and if your wanting a metal style playability (pinch harmonics, shred, metal tone) is it best to have a solid body?
Thanks
Terry
Quote by metal Lover
The thought of you humping her limp body is hilarious.

Yes, you'd need a solid body because if you turn distortion up on hollow bodies, the feedback is terrible.

EDIT: Ever see a metal player with a hollow body? I haven't.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
It shouldn't be harder, due to the fact that most jazz pickups are pretty high output. La Qotsa's right about the distortion part. You can't put a lot of distortion through a hollow body because it feedbacks like crazy. Perhaps running a smal overdrive or a mild Rat distortion should work but no metal levels.
n00bios the cornerstone of every nutricious meal
Pinch harmonics are more dependant on the pickups, high output and plenty of treble boost. As for the hollow body thing, although most hollow bodies will feedback at high gain levels, you can fit feedback busters to the F-holes to stop the body from resonating so much and cutting feedback but solid bodies will deliver a better metal tone, not to mention you'll have a hard time finding a hollow-body with a decent neck on it for shred.
Quote by Weybl Himself
Pinch harmonics are more dependant on the pickups, high output and plenty of treble boost. As for the hollow body thing, although most hollow bodies will feedback at high gain levels, you can fit feedback busters to the F-holes to stop the body from resonating so much and cutting feedback but solid bodies will deliver a better metal tone, not to mention you'll have a hard time finding a hollow-body with a decent neck on it for shred.

hmmm i would say more about technique and how you attack the note since i can easily hit pinch harmonics on my acoustic.
you can do them on anything, I've done them on a mylon string and bass, but you're not going to get the best ones out of a hollow body.
Dickless.