can anyone name a low price amp that is suitable for busking ie does not require mains power?

Thanx for your help.
roland microcube , its brillaint
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
yup micro cube all the way
Quote by codybcool
Stagg's are the kind of brand that you see selling on eBay from a 0 feedback Chinese man for 99p and no one buys them.
Quote by nehpets5555
roland microcube , its brillaint

really? is the tone ok on those? coz i know it will be crap whatever amp it is id just like to avoid it being REALLY crap know what i mean? I thought they werent very good tonewise.
Last edited by Atreideslegend at Aug 31, 2006,
Quote by Cocnut Rag
an acoustic?

nah im not an acoustic player im an electric player, they are different instruments.
Last edited by Atreideslegend at Aug 31, 2006,
Quote by Atreideslegend
nah im not an acoustic player im an electric player, they are different instruments.

He means get start playing acoustic also, instead of getting a tiny amp. It's a lot more conveniant.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Roland Micro Cube or Pignose are your best options.

And I hear that Vox now has a small battery-powered model as well you may want to look into.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
fender amp can
dont get the mini vox unless ur using an electric guitar (and it wont work for singing)
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
really? is the tone ok on those? coz i know it will be crap whatever amp it is id just like to avoid it being REALLY crap know what i mean? I thought they werent very good tonewise.

The Microcubes sound better than any equivalent sized amp, and actually beat the crap out of a lot of larger, ones too eg Marshall MG15, Fender F15, Behringer V-Tones
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yeah, microcube or try out the portable Vox thing. I think it's called the DA-5?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia