hey, i got an RG with a JB in the bridge, and i hate the fact that there is hardly ANY midrange whatsoever, so in a couple of hours in gonna go get a change of pickups,

any suggestions to a pickup with a nice roaring sorta midrange, fairly high output which wont sound muddy in basswood?

cheers
Dimarzio vintage or high outputs.

they rock.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Don't dump the JB as of yet, most of them need adjusting to the polepieces. Try to search on UG for it, there's a guy who did adjustments and described it perfectly for anyone to understand. It's a great pickup when adjusted the right way, don't throw away your money yet.
n00bios the cornerstone of every nutricious meal
yeah, definately spend 5 min adjusting the pole pieces first, who knows ya might like it and save yourself a wad of cash, if ya dont you can still buy new pickups. all i can think of for basswood and high midrange would be dimarzio breeds or you can try a tonezone or something
DiMarzio FRED
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
i did try adjusting the pole pieces but i just got this wierdsound like a sorta harmony sound of the note i was playin, hard to explain but it didnt sound good and the midrange wasnt really boosted that much either...

any more suggestions?
thanks
What about eq?
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
cheers for all the suggestgions, i ended up spendin a bit over what i wanted and got a warpig ordered,

anyone know how long the bareknuckle site shop takes to deliver out of interest?