Im a huge primus fan and ive decided to learn some on bass (despite only owning a bass for a week, though i can play very well, already know - sgt. baker, antipop, groundhogs day etc.)

I want to learn my name is mud but since it is played on a 6 string, i was wondering how i would go about tuning the strings cause i onlyhave a 4 string.

It is tabbed for a 5 string fretless - B,E,A,D,G
Ive tried playing it on E before but it doesnt sound right, should i just tune, my 4 string to B, E, A, D? Only E, A, D strings - standard are used?

Thanks

Josh
I wouldn't reccomend doing that on a 4-string unless you plan on making a truss-rod adjustment, the huge change in tension is bad for the neck without something to counteract it.
before i had a 5 strng i tuned my E and A strings down to B and E to play lots of primus stuff, and Parabola by tool. It didn't screw up my bass or truss rod at all.

although granted, it didn't as good as a standard B string.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.