Page 1 of 2
Has anyone seen this movie? This is my favorite movie all of time, and honestly it was great. It had all the elements of a great rock movie, A rock band, drugs, and Kate Hudson.

C'mon, who wouldnt want to watch her???

Hold my closer, tiny dancer...Count the headlights on the highway...lay me down in sheets of linen...you had a busy day today...
ill keep posting kate hudson pics until someone replys, but then again, that would be a reason for people not to reply...
i really like this movie, it's beena while since i saw it. isnt' is supposed to be based on a real rock band-tounge in cheek of course? CCR i think?

fun movie,

"well william, we showed you America, did everything but get you laid", William has a smile on his face, "NO WAY!"
Cream fan club member #11.
Quote by Rhinosaur Bones
Hold my closer, tiny dancer...Count the headlights on the highway...lay me down in sheets of linen...you had a busy day today...
that's one of the best scenes in the movie.

I love Almost Famous. It's a great movie on it's own, but all the references to Classic Rock music make it that much better.

isnt' is supposed to be based on a real rock band-tounge in cheek of course? CCR i think?
The movie is based on Cameron Crowe's life (a lot of the events that take place in the movie actually happened). The band Stillwater I'm pretty sure is based on the Allman Brothers Band. I also read that they were based on Zeppelin.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
The best scence was when they were walking down the street, and then the guy pulls up in a van and say "hey!! your russell from still water!"

(which leads to him jumping of a house into a pool...

absolute classic movie!
Its one of my favorite movies. I love the Classic Rock references to it.

I think Stillwater is based off Led Zeppelin.
Sent from my iPad.
^it is, because cameron crowe toured with them when he was younger, and the movie is semi-autobiographical.
Stillwater were based on the 4 piece ideal of Zeppelin. Jason Lee (the actor who plays the lead singer) also spent countless hours with Chris Robinson of the Black Crowes (Kate Hudson's husband) attempting to style himself like him.

Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Quote by Derigiberble
Stillwater were based on the 4 piece ideal of Zeppelin. Jason Lee (the actor who plays the lead singer) also spent countless hours with Chris Robinson of the Black Crowes (Kate Hudson's husband) attempting to style himself like him.

There are definately some elements of the Allman Brothers Band as well. The movie is pretty much about Cameron Crowe's life, the first band he toured with was the Allman Brothers Band. The whole thing about Jeff Bebe (the lead singer) thinking William was a cop was based on Gregg Allman.
Quote by Thefallofman
Like Gregg Allman no doubt.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Quote by get-born
But wasnt that just because he was on acid?
What?
Quote by Thefallofman
^^That was their guitarist, Russell Hammond. I'm talking about their lead singer, who always referred to William as "the enemy". He was based on Gregg Allman. I believe the guitarist was partly based on Glen Frey of the Eagles. And the whole "I am a golden god!" quote is supposed to be from Robert Plant, although I don't think that's confirmed that Plant ever said that.
Quote by Thefallofman
Last edited by BrainDamage at Sep 1, 2006,
thanks for the picture...

And I've always wanted to see this.

Someone once told me I'm exactly like the main character....
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
I love the movie. and the soundtrack. My favorite scene in the movie is when they are playing Elton John's "Mona Lisas and the Mad Hatters" to William running in New York chasing after Penny Laine. That song has always been one of Elton's underrated songs.
Coldplay Rocks
I did not like that movie. It felt so introverted and contrived. That's all I'm going to say about it.
I saw it for the first time last week, but I was trying to watch it with one of my friends at a party, and there were too many interuptions, so I'll have to watch it again, but what I saw was very good.
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
IIRC the "I am a golden god!" thing was something Robert said when he was on a balcony, just as the rising sun was hitting him.
Quote by get-born
^you should, its great

AND IT WILL BE ON MY IPOD IN 43 MINUTES!!!

Ugh why would you want to watch that on an iPod??
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024

Quote by RHCPhysco8
Ugh why would you want to watch that on an iPod??

well, i wanted to so i could take the veiwing pleasure anywhere i go, but i cant figure it out, so it isnt looking good...

Quote by get-born
well, i wanted to so i could take the veiwing pleasure anywhere i go, but i cant figure it out, so it isnt looking good...

It's hardly a pleasure when it's not skillfully converted and the A/V synchronization is terrible.

I'd rather watch video podcasts over converted films just because there's a steep difference in the quality.
Quote by Maet

I'd rather watch video podcasts over converted films just because there's a steep difference in the quality.

Or in the comfort of my own living room....
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024

i know, but its just sometimes i go up to the northern part of the state with my family, and its a 4 hour drive up there, so i would like to have it so i can watch on the way.
^^psh...5 hour drives fly by with 21 GB of music on a portable media player

I take a drive up to Ithaca NY to see my cousins every year...roughly 5 hours each way. The last time we went my headphones were on for all 5 hours, we pulled up to their house and I had the Starship Trooper outro on full volume playing. My ears were swollen for days
Quote by Thefallofman
yeah, i have 1000 songs on the pod, so it isnt that bad, but i still would like to have it on there...

i just watched almost famous for the 5th time this summer, and since this is my last night of non school tommorow, i though bustin out the AF was a good idea...
Quote by get-born
i just realized there is nudity in the movie...

It took you five watches to realize that...
well, the movie was background to me playing guitar for pretty much every time, i just watched enough to get th plaot and realize i loved it, but i acctually payed attention, and saw her boob...
Who played the songs by Stillwater? Was it the actors themselves or someone else? Has anyone seen the Extended Cut of the movie?
Quote by get-born
they were written by bowie

You're thinking of Labrynth.

I know from the credits that Mike McCready and Peter Frampton had input in the music.
I thought the movie was OK. Nuthin Special. Pretty good representation of '70's styles and the rock music scene. But it seems alot more popular w/kids (my daughter LOVES IT) than w/those of us that were there. Maybe just a little TOO fanciful and stereotypical.
Without knowing the history of who Crowe toured with, I kinda thought the band was "Grand Funk Railroad" based on what I saw. It was probably put together from occurances w/several bands.
Kate is only hot post 2004.

hotter... She kind of filled out more, but it is cool, because her face isnt all sleak, like it was constructed through plastic surgery, it seems natural. she is the main reason I want to see You Me And Dupree and The Skelton Key

You're thinking of Labrynth

no, even in the credits, it said he had input.

thought the movie was OK. Nuthin Special. Pretty good representation of '70's styles and the rock music scene. But it seems alot more popular w/kids (my daughter LOVES IT) than w/those of us that were there. Maybe just a little TOO fanciful and stereotypical.
Without knowing the history of who Crowe toured with, I kinda thought the band was "Grand Funk Railroad" based on what I saw. It was probably put together from occurances w/several bands.

well, Im only 13, so i dont know what acctually went on, but I thought it was great, and there were occurences taken from difrent people, like robert plant, with the I am a golden god thing, and greg allman thinking william was a cop.

and does anyone know if cameron's story really got denied by rolling stone, because they thought it was a fabrication?
Last edited by get-born at Sep 10, 2006,
Quote by Rhinosaur Bones

I know from the credits that Mike McCready and Peter Frampton had input in the music.
I believe Stillwater's songs were written by Nancy Wilson, and the guitar parts played by Mike McCready. Apparantly, Peter Frampton taught Billy Crudup how to play guitar.

It was probably put together from occurances w/several bands.
it was. The scene where the plane he is on with Stillwater almost crashes happened with the Who, the "I am a Golden God" comment supposedly from Zeppelin (Robert Plant), Russell Hammond based on Glen Frey, Jeff Bebe based on Gregg Allman, the scene where William is pulled into the pre-show huddle based on Pearl Jam, etc. (all of that was taken from imdb.com)
Quote by Thefallofman
Page 1 of 2