For bass you just need an overdrive for certain songs. idk about guitar.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
So many it's ridiculous. I think he has one of those digitech GNX things, but I'm not sure. He has a HUGE setup though.
You can't sound like 'Muse' with any pedals. FFS, what is up with all the damned vague "how do i sound like Matt Bellamy?!?" threads. You can't sound like him people, not unless you shell out thousands and thousands of £/$ on high end gear, including boutique amps, custom built guitars, rare effects units and a **** load of MIDI stuff.
I think the most basic Musey setup would be a ZVex Fuzz Factory and a Whammy pedal, though these 2 pedal are both pretty pricey. You definately need a good, high gain fuzz pedal- a Big Muff might work for some songs but you'll need to push it with an OD pedal to get enough drive for most songs. The Whammy isn't needed for most of their songs, but it really helps for solos, as is a phase pedal like a Phase 90
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
Manson Custom, made in England, get ready to drop a few thousand £.
Quote by JorisBlack
+ some of his weird effects come from his guitar and not from a pedal (can't come up with the brand atm)

yeh but guess whats in his guitar. Zvex Fuzz Factory, Phase 90, Midi strip to control digitech whammy. so yeh buying those pedals wont hurt or will they (hint*zvex fuzz factory with ears*hint)
Matt uses Hugh Manson custom guitars made in Exeter, Devon. Bellamy currently has ten Mansons, as well as a number of others by other manufacturers[3]. The first and most famous is his silver Manson. Bellamy came up with the basic concept for this guitar and Hugh Manson helped him realise it. It has a built-in Z.Vex Fuzz Factory which gives Bellamy his distinctive sound and the ability to use controlled feedback. In addition, it has a MXR Phase 90 phaser and uses Seymour Duncan and Kent Armstrong pickups. All of his other Mansons follow this same basic design (apart for Bellamy's 7 string which was not actually built for him) with some just having different pickups and finishes, as with his mirrored Manson, and some taking the idea even further. Matt's black Manson has a MIDI strip that controls a Digitech Whammy IV, when it is connected, a Z.Vex Wah Probe and a number of other built in effects. Bellamy uses Diezel amp heads which are hand made in Germany, along with Marshall Mode Four cabinets, Soldano Cabinets and Line 6 digital effects. Most of Bellamy's rack effects are made with Line 6 modules.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
That wholde guitar thingy was crazy dude,.....

Stockholm Syndrome had a pretty cool uncompressed tones though !!!

eh............. sorry to sound n00bish, but, what the heck is a MIDI stripp??
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
with a midi strip you can control midi pedals like a whammy just by using your finger.

and i can get i good muse tone by using my distortion channel and turn up the gain full
He also spends hours and hours in the studio screwing around by recording in different rooms, or with his amp to the wall, or whatever. Anything. I remember reading that just the guitar on Stockholm Syndrome was recorded with 12 carefully placed mics in front of the amp, so... yeah. A million pound recording studio will help you get the 'Muse sound'.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
SSyndromm rockzorz................

But, isn't a 12stacked tone suppossed to be THICKER than that intro ??
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
For Black Holes & Revelations some of the drums were recorded underwater and sped up.

But guitar-wise Built in Zvex Fuzz Factory and Fuzz Probe with a switch for pitching.

the midi strip is custom built by Manson aswell so... unless your a millionaire you wont get perfect Muse sound, but close.