Poll: Which is best? And why?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which is best? And why?
Jackson
10 23%
Ibanez
20 47%
Fender
13 30%
Voters: 43.
Based on what?

Their Annual turnover?

The number of employees?

The average wage?

The quality of their goods?

The value for money of their goods?

A little bit more info is required.
.....gibson.....prs....
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
ESP, Caparison why because i trust their workmanship and certainly i trust their custom shop with my life
Out of thouse choices, It's fender. Fender litterally owns Jackson, in a way that jackson is part of FMIC, And Ibanez is a make more directed at hard rock/metal, while fender is wide open.
Hmm... You forgot

Gibson
ESP
Hamer
Schecter
Dean
Suhr
and a lot of others

And there is no 'best' guitar brand. Only the one that is best suited to you. IMO its Ibanez but that's because I play METALL!!! and attempted SHREDD!!
Well it depends does'nt it.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
this is pointless. i, personaly, prefer a nice jackson cause i'm more into hard rock and don't like too thin ibanez necks. but that's just my preference, someone else might hate the jackson bolt on necks for example...
they're all very good companies and make fine guitars, but different so you can't really compare them like that. it's up to preference whether someone will prefer a fender over an ibanez, or an ibanez over a jackson...
i think this should be closed.
Ibanez, cos they pwn . not really, you can't say one is better, they're all quality, for different things. But Jackson is owned by Fender Guitar Corp. so....
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by J.MitMetallica
Ibanez, cos they pwn . not really, you can't say one is better, they're all quality, for different things. But Jackson is owned by Fender Guitar Corp. so...

yea, but it's not like a squier to fender. jackson still makes the same guitars they did before fender bought them, and btw their guitars are pretty much different then fenders so it's pointless to discuss about it.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Nearly everything, Fender (versatility)
Metal, Jackson
Shred, Ibanez (the necks and trems)

^^this guy said it right. but it's not always like that...
Last edited by 666_Belial at Aug 30, 2006,
What a stupid question, but I like Ibanez, but fender and jackson are also very good

!!!feel the funk blast!!!

STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN
If I want shred - I'll go for RG, if I want metal - I'll pick up the S. If I want strat tones, I'll go for an older RS. If I want classic rock - CN or MC or current SZ. Jazzbox? Sure, from the Artcore to GB series. Want something to show off, well there is the Iceman, or Destroyers, of an old XV if you're lucky. Acoustics? Full range! A learned Ibanez user has an option for any pickup combination, bridge, or wood, or body shape, and it's the variety which counts.

If I want a Strat or a Tele - well, not much choice here. It's a fair comparison if you take all brands under the Fender wing (Jackson, Gretsch etc) and compare it to what Ibanez makes (and made) under one brand.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
well it's based on what you play. it doesn't make sense to use a fender to play metal when you can choose a jackson or ibanez. same with blues, why use a jackson when you can use a fender. i don't mean it doesn't work but the problem is WHY.

jackson = metal guitar with hardcore design
ibanez = more versatile metal guitar but looks 'normal'
fender = the classic. good for anything but there's always another brand better than it at something
Yep, ANOTHER pointless thread filling up the forum.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
guess which one i voted for

i like their necks better than ibanez's, ibanez necks always feel too wide and blocky for me. The neck on my Jackson fits into the palm of my hand like a titty.

i think The RG is way overrated here at UG
MY GEAR :
2000 Jackson SL-3 Soloist
Roland Cube 60
Boss Metal Zone
Dunlop 535q Wah
Shitty DS-1 (AKA Teh Pap3rWeIgHt)

Quote by Nole07
i have like 30 bucks to spend. and i wanna know from first hand experience does it make pp's huge? thanks
Last edited by Jackson > you at Aug 30, 2006,
Quote by 666_Belial
yea, but it's not like a squier to fender. jackson still makes the same guitars they did before fender bought them, and btw their guitars are pretty much different then fenders so it's pointless to discuss about it.

while this is true in most part, their guitars have changed quite a but since Fender took over mind...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
i love the jackson shapes but i tried 2 in the shop not long ago and they sounded ****ing ****
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If your vegetarian girl harasses you about eating meat, snap back with, "Eating more entirely defenseless plants that provide us with oxygen?"

That'll shut that bitch up faster than two black eyes.