right, i hear all sort of awesome things about the yamaha pacifica (the morwe expensive model), which i my current (and only) electric guitar. ppl in the biz say its a really good session guitar, worth way more than anyone pays for it. i mean, its TG stock guitar. I was thinking: would it be worth upgrading to a fender GT Tornado HH (with racing stripe ) or will it b a similair play to my current guitar? if i dnt need a new guitar im gonna whack some seymour duncans into the bridge and some high grade singlecoils for a punk sound into the middle and neck position. whats everyones thoughts?
a 15 watt fender practice amp, bt thts the net thin gon the list, im gonna get a big solid state fender. i use a BOSS ME 50 floor pedal so iv got a wide range of options as far as tones concerned
concurred^
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster (Sunburst Finish)
Washburn X-Series Electric (Black Finish)
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic (Black Finish)
Ariana Acoustic

Randall RX120D Halfstack
i no tubes are better bit im betting my ass that only 1 in 10 people on UG would be able to tell the difference from sound alone. tubes are waaay more expensive than a similair quality solid state and im at a level of income where saving loads isnt really an option. anyway my question was about my guitar, not my amp. please could some one enliten me?
I'd get a new guitar if I were you. Although the pacifica is a great beginners guitar, it's nothing too special. Look into Epiphone or mexican-made Fenders, and possibly get a pickup change down the road.
what music do you play? like name some bands, not just genres. and about the amp, you can find good quality tube combos for cheap dude. actually since you were lookin at fender amps, chekc out ehir tube amps. they have some combos in the 500 and lower range i believe
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
aweosme. i play like bluesy stuff like robert johnson, stevie ray vaughn, hendrix, bits of metal(core) like trivium etc and skapunk like rancid, nofx etc
There blues combp is like 389 USD. With a decent OD pedal you could play anything.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
i think 15, but 15 tube watts could probably be loud enough. unless you are playing with a band. then i dunno. you might be a little too low. but dont take my word for it so much cuz ive never cranked a 15 watt tube amp so im jus guessing

edit: yeah the me-50 is pretty dang shweet
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
no you wont dude. 30 watts tube can drown out everybody. i have a classic 30 and i cranked it up really really high at one of our practices and everybody stopped and made me turn it down lol. 30 is enough for a band. maybe small gigs too. if not, mic it with a PA.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
the current PA arrangements where i am means tht the amps need to b able to compete with the PA's at some gigs becuase the PA's will be devoted to vocals. I dunno, i gotta get a new guiatr before i get an amp so iv got plently of time to think about it. ill see, the guitar shops alright bout lettin u cut loose when ur testing out amps
Quote by conceptne
the current PA arrangements where i am means tht the amps need to b able to compete with the PA's at some gigs becuase the PA's will be devoted to vocals. I dunno, i gotta get a new guiatr before i get an amp so iv got plently of time to think about it. ill see, the guitar shops alright bout lettin u cut loose when ur testing out amps

think about it my 40 watt fender hot rod deluxe on 3 one volume and master were able to kill drums that were being miked so really drop the money on a tube amp and you will be able to kill everything else
Have you read the stickies?

Rule 1 goes something like 80 - 85 percent of your tone comes from your amp. Its true.

Go ahead and get a better guitar but if your running it through a cheap tranny amp you will
still have a s**t tone, distortion pedals or not.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab