hi, just a short one,

my amp crackles alot when i use the drive but not like the normal fuzz p.s.and its brand new
what kind of amp is it? If it's tube, sometimes even new tubes can be microphonic. Does it happen without drive too?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Hey, I have that same problem when my lights/TV/xbox/ other electronic devices are on. Sometimes the wires through the outlets cause your amp to crackle when other things are on. Try turning some other things off and see if this helps...Sorry if it doesn't
Does it happen on all the channels? If so, it sounds more like a problem with the cable you're using to connect the gutiar to the amp.

Try buying a higher quality cable and see if the crackle is still there
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Sora has a point, sometimes if stuff is on the same circuit, it can be noisey, maybe try a different outlet, and away from any EMI devices like monitors or TVs. Also, you are positive it's not your guitar, cable, or some pedal in the chain right? Try a different instrument cable and guitar if you have them, and check that neither of the 1/4" jacks on the guitar or amp are loose or moving.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
i have tried a different cable but it still crackles. ive noticed that when i touch the bridge it lets out a fuzz or crackle but when i hold it there the crackled dissapears full stop.
whenever i touch something like the foot switch (without pressing the buttons) or the pickup selector the fuzz goes away. could be something to do with th electrical circuit? ami i grounding the electricity?
that's what it sounds like. Usually a grounding problem. Have you checked that both jacks on the guitar and amp are not loose, and haven't spun or anything? That's pretty common.
amp clips
amp vids
not sure what you mean but yes i have screwed in the input thingys. plus when i touch the strings with my arm i get a shock.
well, I mean a lot of times, the 1/4 input jacks, on either the guitar or amp, get loose over time and will begin to spin around. If you just tighten it by hand, it can twist the wires inside, and pull off one of the connections. Has it been loose and then just hand tightened quite a bit?
amp clips
amp vids
it "could" mean one the wires pulled off the jack. I assume it's been loose at the guitar? It should be easy to check, you have to take the jackplate off, whether on the back or front, and then you can have have a look at it. There should be 2 wires connected to the jack. The black one is ground.

if you have a tremolo, make sure the ground wire in the trem cavity is still connected. It's usually near the spring claw.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Aug 31, 2006,
not being stupid but it could be something like a strobe light that your neighbours use or something as silly as that.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
Just turn off all the comupter monitors and tvs within a 10 foot radius and it should be ok.
the wiring in your guitar maybe su mmin like your pickups
or your washer
light dimmer switches
a/c units that you put in windows
anything thats running alotta regulated power
i have my fender blues deluxe next to a TV, and my computer like all with in less than 10- feet of each other and they run fine through my lace sensor pick up strat atm
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.