Page 1 of 128
Ok, pretty strait forward, who do you think is the best guitarist of this era. I think Omar Rodríguez-Lopez is the most talented and underated.
Steve Vai pwns
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
i don't know if he's the best, but i like the lead guitarist from avenged sevenfold
jon(forgot his last name)...lead guitarist from shadows fall...man hes talented
for me eith jimi hendrix, john petrucci or john frusciante
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

i don't think 'this era' was clearly enough defined, I mean the RHCP have been around for 20 years, with that being the time limit i'll go with either John Ferchante or Mike McCreedy of Pearl Jam.
Cream fan club member #11.
depending on what qualifies as this era,
Johnny Marr of The Smiths,
Graham Coxon of Blur.
[SIZE=
Last edited by SupImJimmy at May 2, 2007,
Lerry LeLonde
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
i dont think you can really say best, its all about opinion.

My personal favourite guitarist from the last 15-20 years would have to be Nowell from Sublime
John Frusciante
he might not have the most technichal skill, but he is very unique, versatile, and overalll freakin awesome.
CTHC
Mike Einziger from Incubus... every riff he writes is just incredible technically and sonically.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
john frusciante???c'mon...i dont listen to rchp but the songs i hear hes strums some chords and plays a simple riff that my 10 year old brother can play...both guys from shadows fall own him
Quote by Gregray88
john frusciante???c'mon...i dont listen to rchp but the songs i hear hes strums some chords and plays a simple riff that my 10 year old brother can play...both guys from shadows fall own him

Well done there.
Quote by Gregray88

Amen.
Mike Einzinger
John Frusciante
Jonny Greenwood
Jack White
I know there's more, but I can't get my mind on it.
Sent from my iPad.
^That sounds good.

I don't pay attention to many new guitarists.

Whoever plays in Between the Buried and Me is pretty good.

And I define "this era" is producing thier best music within the past 5-7 years.
No fucking images.

Ghey.
Last edited by SagaciousChild at Aug 30, 2006,
Quote by Gregray88

I love the chili peppers, definantly one of my favourite bands.. but i do agree with you to an extent. I think frusciante is a good guitarist, but he's just retardedly overrated on these forums.

John Mayer
Henry Garza (is that his name?) from Los Lonley Boys
are a more that havent been named, definantly deserve it.

and if Steve Vai is considered "this era", well he's ****ing crazy

Eric Johnson as well
Quote by NileFTW
Guthrie Govan

I second this.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

yea that henry garza has got it goin on
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Mike Einzinger for sure, especially since he uses his skill CREATIVELY instead of just shredding in that bull**** neo-classical style that so many guitarists do now. It's almost impossible to find someone out there with skill, that doesn't waste it by showing off with string-skipping arpeggios and two-handed tapping.

And Henry Garza. Los Lonely Boys are amazing live.
you tell me who's better. i think good charlote are better than the bealtes but that's only because their lyrics mean more and they are better musicians.

Member #4 of The Mars Volta fanclub. PM happytimeharry to join.
hell yeah, hes really good. my buddy had a spare ticket to their show when they came to austin a few weeks back, i really wasent aware of just how badass he was til i went to that show.. ****in jaw was dropped
John Frusciante definately, great stuff, his **** is more complicated than just him strumming chords and simple riffs, its very hard to get it to sound just the way he does.
anybody wanna put anything here just let me know
Johnny Greenwood HANDS DOWN.

Oh, and any guitarist who plays post-rock.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

matt bellamy
tom morello
jerry cantrell
adam jones
dimebag
frusciante
and the radiohead boys
... I would have to say the guys from Demiricous kick ass, but the best that I can think of right now would have to be...

Underground- The guy from The Analyst ( http://www.myspace.com/theanalystmetal )
Mainstreamish- Jeff Loomis
Gear

Son Of Beast *IDW it anymore*
Peavey 6505+ Head
Marshall 1960A Cab

Quote by Draken
Guys relax if you can't joke about genocide then what can you do?
hell....I second fing MARK TREMONTI OF ALTER BRIDGE AND......MAYBE.....JASIN TODD OF SHINEDOWN
John Frusciante - More technical, more beautiful, best funky guitarist
Tom Morello - Most inventive, most unique, most bad-ass riffs

I'd say as far as originality goes, draw.
Quote by Zero-Hartman

If I can't masturbate to childrens cartoons then this country isn't great.