as the topic says I want to know if there´s some kind of sound card you can by and put in your computer and then plug an electric guitar cord into the card.. ?
so that you can record into the computer

thnx
Tovedal
|| Thumbpick and a fender strat ||
You can do it in any soundcard that has a microphone (usually pink colored) input by where you plug your speakers in. The only thing youll need is an adapter that makes the guitar cord into a headphone-sized cord. It looks like this http://home.earthlink.net/~wb5rex/xtalman/big2smladap.JPG

You plug that into the mic input (the pink colored one, speakers should be green). And then you can record onto your computer with your guitar. I hope that helped
Quote by Trip272
You can do it in any soundcard that has a microphone (usually pink colored) input by where you plug your speakers in. The only thing youll need is an adapter that makes the guitar cord into a headphone-sized cord. It looks like this http://home.earthlink.net/~wb5rex/xtalman/big2smladap.JPG

You plug that into the mic input (the pink colored one, speakers should be green). And then you can record onto your computer with your guitar. I hope that helped

Where would I find one of those? And how much would it cost roughly
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
Quote by JesseIbanez
Where would I find one of those? And how much would it cost roughly

You can find them in most any music store. They sell for around $2.50. It's way better than shelling out hundreds of dollars for a new sound card. The sound quality is no different.
By the way, in case your amp only has a headphone jack out instead of a line out, you can often times set up your computer to act as a monitor so you can still hear your guitar through the PC speakers.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
ehhh.. u dun plug into the microphone one.. u put into the line in one.. esp if ur looking to record... and like he said u need a 1/4 to 1/8 inch mono connector.. also u cant jst plug straight into the comp from ur guitar.. well u can but it'd be realli soft.. u need a preamp in between.. so.. ur amp.. or an audio interface

EDIT: o yea and from my exp ur normal non recording specific sound card would be too slow to record.. so there would be delay in recording .. also the AD/DA is crap degrading the sound quality of recording.. but its ok if u jst want direct monitoring..
my humble gears:

Ibanez Prestige RG1570 with EVOS!!!
Epiphone Std LesPaul with PAFs

EVJ -> 1960av
EHX Metal Muff, Big Muff, Small Clone
Ibanez WD7, VOX V847, OD-3, BLT slap echo

FIRST Member #11 of the EHX Users Guild
Last edited by kwokwok at Aug 30, 2006,
You can record with just about every soundcard, but depending on how good ur card is, it may sound ****ty or good... i have a 32-bit soundcard and it records decently, although i am thinking of upgrading to 64-bit
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
By the way, in case your amp only has a headphone jack out instead of a line out, you can often times set up your computer to act as a monitor so you can still hear your guitar through the PC speakers.

Okay, well I don+t have an output on my amp so how would i do that?
|| Thumbpick and a fender strat ||
Quote by jerize80
Hi,
MMBS provides insulation of pre-engineered metal buildings and pre-engineered steel buildings, and extreme steel buildings, manufacturing and office metal buildings, auto body repair shops and grocery stores metal buildings, and a multitude of other uses.

Web site - http://www.mmbsinfo.com

yeah, like a forum full of musicians is interested in construction.
Quote by kwokwok
ehhh.. u dun plug into the microphone one.. u put into the line in one.. esp if ur looking to record... and like he said u need a 1/4 to 1/8 inch mono connector.. also u cant jst plug straight into the comp from ur guitar.. well u can but it'd be realli soft.. u need a preamp in between.. so.. ur amp.. or an audio interface

wrong. plug the guitar into mic if you're without a preamp, a guitars output isn't very high so no problems there, you can turn your pickup volume down too but for the most part the mic port should work - the problem here is that the sound card is being used as the preamp and thus depending on the sound card it can be quite noisy, also internal soundcards tend to be quite noisy by default as they are victims of electronic interference by the MOBO and Proc.

Plug it into the Line interface if you already have a preamp thats beefing the signal up to line level (which is what most preamps do).
Marty
Your best bet would be to get something like the L6 guitarport or the guitar rig 2 (by native I think).
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Quote by xifr
Your best bet would be to get something like the L6 guitarport or the guitar rig 2 (by native I think).

i second that.
Marty
Guitar rig will be very delayed if you have a bad soundcard. I stick with what I said about the 1/4 to 1/8th adapter. You CAN use it to record. If you want effects ect just use cool edit pro or audacity and do some post effects.

Its the cheapest and best way imo. It's not going to sound AMAZING but it will still sound good enough. trust me.