i am very interested in using this technique.. like jimmy page... and the band sigur ros... can anyone tell me any information on it, should i have my amp set to a certain setting or anything specific i have a vox ad50vt
Using a bow in the first place is rather experimental so unless you want to sound like Jimmy Page the guitar world is your oyster....try with different settings to see what suits you best.

You never know it may catch on!
well ive tried it and it sounds like crap... all screechy noise dunno how its done
nothiinn
I use an e-bow. I love my e-bow it gives my guitar such a cool sounds. I'll pull up the MF page on it.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Maybe the strings you use?

I would sooner use a pick any old day of the week.
E-Bow

Check it out dude. They're so much fun to play with.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
I use an A-Bow

[/dumb idea]

Bows sound horrible for guitar, thus they are created for violin and other such things.

Stay the fuck away from them
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
put on TONS of rosin on the bow if you want to use one. My friend used one just fine. It sounded kinda nifty..

the strings are gonna get sticky with rosin, be warned.
I did it with my friends bow, it sounded awesome. Then again, it was on a 50's LP cutom, so stepping on it would have sounded good...
Dickless.
At a show in my gym an experimental band had an entire song (about 8 minutes) where the guitarist played the guitar like a violin with his bow. The sounds where absolutely stellar.
High as tits
Well my guitar teacher recommended lots of rosin. Also your gonna want a delay effect it sounds really cool. I think Jimmy used an echoplex.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
There's no point in using someone elses signature. It's stupid. Use your own ideas.

Personally, I like pinching my acoustic strings and doing really agressive motions on my acoustic with drumming on the body flamenco style and beating harmonics with my picking finger to play a rhythm and lead at the same time not unlike a lot of Jazz musicians and maybe Michael Hedges. I'm very spontanious. I love slap pinch and pop on my acoustic. And I stack on a lot of compression when I do clean electric fingerpicking so it sounds really poppy and twangy.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
ya you should make your own signature thingy, you should learn to play the guitar wiht a rock or somehting original like that
Quote by eyeownyu
ya you should make your own signature thingy, you should learn to play the guitar wiht a rock or somehting original like that

LMAO.

Sigged

edit: not enough room.
right thanks for the help, im a music student and as a student you have to perform alot and im just basically looking for new ways to "show off" more or less i dont want to be like the other 10 in my class who will play the same $**t like they play mettalica, slipknot... i play bach tchaikovsy pieces on guitar
I saw a clip from Spinal Tap were he uses a violin to play the guitar.

Jimmy Page had a custom rounded bridge, so he coudl hit all the strngs an not just the E's.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
sh*T? Metallica? how VERY dare you
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Probably sound like crap.
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
i was looking into making a modified bridge, for one of my guitars

i stand by the mettallica $**t becuase they come in with their squiers' encore's with strings about 7 months old thinking they are great, i know you have to start somewhere but that is not where you start. the point of performing is to perform a piece of music which can be easily understood by the music teacher and i think playing the intro/verse and chorus to master of puppets (in the wrong way) with high gain overdrive on nothing whatsoever to control the sound, is no way to show yourself off when it comes to something like this
Last edited by thatguy147 at Aug 31, 2006,