Maybe you guys can give me your personal opinion on this one. Here is my situation i have a guy that is willing to sell me his marshall 1960a for $380 bucks its almost 2 years old only has some cosmetic wear and tear. At the same time i can always get a B-52 At-412 New for $400. What would you guys recommend, any experiance with these cabs??

I have a fender ROC pro 1000 Hybrid head. Me and my band play alot of Hardcore/HardPunk stuff, in case that makes any diff.
Well Ive never played through a B-52 cab, but I would probably go with the B-52 cab simply because its new and not much more, then you have that reassuring feeling that if it breaks down you got the new warranty and stuff.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
If you are worried about cosmetics, go for the B-52. It is going to be brand new and still have the 5 year warranty. The marshall is going to have a better sound though. I think the B-52 is made out of 13 ply birch, so they are pretty sturdy.
i would go with the 1960a, of course, assuming that you dont mind some wear on it. its marshall, its made well, its pretty reliable, its gonna sound better than the B-52 (although ive played that cab and its still pretty good), and its a cab, you wont have to worry about it breaking down on you.
Orange Rockerverb 100 + Orange PPC412
Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Fender Road Worn Player's Telecaster
Yah i dont mind some wear, its all good. I just love the way marshalls play but at teh same time those b-52s are such a good bang for the buck. any more insights?

I appreciate the friendly opinions guys, happy i found this board.
Well, I don't know if it's just me, but the sound is infinitely more important to me... Thus the Marshall.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Marshall definately....

The wear and tear will be WELL worth the sound you get out of it.
~The Gear~
Schecter Hellraiser
Ibanez RG 550
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960 4x12
VHT Two/Fifty/Two
ADA-MP1
Eventide Eclipse