Page 1 of 3
has anyone heard anything about it? im curious and getting bored waiting for it.
I haven't heard about it, but if you didn't like american idiot, your going to hate the next album. It's gonna be farther from the old stuff.
i've heard nothing, but they wont be in a rush to release it, they're rich enough. Try other bands while you wait. Ignite are a pretty good band for the genre. (well i think they're punk)
Apparently they are 'working on it' I'm sure there was a story on here that mentioned it a little while ago, check the archived news thingy bob.
Yeah though, they are working on it, it said on the radio today as a matter of fact.
Phil
.....Glow In The Dark Condoms.....Rise And Shine....
Quote by NoneMoreBlack
I haven't heard about it, but if you didn't like american idiot, your going to hate the next album. It's gonna be farther from the old stuff.

if you haven't heard anything about it, how can you make that assumption?

The band has emerged from their half-year rest and said that they are working through demos and new songs for their next album. In an interview with MTV News on June 2, Green Day said that their next album will be "an event" when it is released. Armstrong stated, "At this point, to put a record out with like 12 songs on it and turn it in sounds a bit boring for us. So we want to definitely make something that is well thought-out and [that] all of our blood is put into."[24] When asked about his opinion on Green Day's next release, in his own words: "I think it's exciting, whatever we come up with next, 'cause we know it's gonna go into our career, it's gonna be another chapter. We're gonna take our time and just reenergize and refocus and then come up with a new concept for what we want to do after American Idiot, 'cause there's definitely a lot more in the tank for us."[24] On August 29, the official site stated that green day was finally working in their new album, according to the same site more news will be posted next week.
i dont know if this has anything to do with the kind of music they're making. but i saw a newer pic of armstrong, tre, and dirnt and armstrong looked more emo than normal. his hair was strait and a little longer...
Quote by Jeff Manthei
havent heard much... try going to their site and find their "contact us" and e-mail them

Yeah like they're gonna reply.
i just had this thought... what if green day released two albums at once? i mean, the same album, same track listing, played two different ways?

like, one with "good" production, on the scale of american idiot (or poppier)

and the other really raw, really loud, like their earlier stuff in the kerplunk years.

if they did that, they'd please both audiences, eh?
Rock is Dead.

Gear:
Epiphone LPC
Vox AD50VT

Whats the meanest you can be,
To the ones you claim to love,
And still smile to your newfound friends?
interesting thought...but i highly doubt they'd do that. I guess it's possible...and i would have to say, it would be awesome.

good thought.
to be honest, they would just be selling out their true fans then, as they would need to both to be a 'real fan'.
Ive heard about it and i think theres a better chance of SRV coming back to life and sucking than the green day album being worth buying
Quote by NoneMoreBlack

It better not be like American Idiot, Its good the first few times you hear it, but not when its overplayed like its being now,2 years from its release
You know what, if you don't like American Idiot get over it. Even if their new album turns out like AI, no big deal. Sure, we would all much rather have another Nimrod or Dookie, but it 's not like AI is really terrible and makes our ears bleed, it's just different, more mature.

You don't need to rag on them just because they slightly changed their style and music, would you rather have them do the same stuff over and over again like some bands out there?
Cause I love feelin' dirty
And I love feelin' cheap
And I love it when you hurt me
So drive those staples deep
Quote by hardrock1315
How about another 1039 SOSH or Kerplunk?

Those are my favorite Green Day albums.
American Idiot was an amazing album, people slated it because at that time, everyone was releasing anti america/bush albums, and green day did it too.
Everyone is like 'they sold out' tell me, how can a band that have been around for 18 years and have always been so popular can't sell out?
American Idiot was different, but it was good, very good, and think about it, say tehy released another Dookie instead of that, wouldn't there be threads on this saying 'green day are just the same'?
I'm going to biased as they are one of my favourite bands, but my first ever album was SOSH, and i still love them now.....
I hope that the new album is as good as all the others.
.....Glow In The Dark Condoms.....Rise And Shine....
Well i highly doubt its going to sound anything like their old stuff...so im not really caring about it
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Quote by thepower
American Idiot was an amazing album, people slated it because at that time, everyone was releasing anti america/bush albums, and green day did it too.
Everyone is like 'they sold out' tell me, how can a band that have been around for 18 years and have always been so popular can't sell out?
American Idiot was different, but it was good, very good, and think about it, say tehy released another Dookie instead of that, wouldn't there be threads on this saying 'green day are just the same'?
I'm going to biased as they are one of my favourite bands, but my first ever album was SOSH, and i still love them now.....
I hope that the new album is as good as all the others.

+1

You make some really good points.
is it too hard to put a space between "green" and "day" like theres supposed to be, or was the title a typo?
Although I actually liked AI, I'm really scared I won't like this next album.

I'm expecting pretentiousness to the extreme
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
I'm really excited about the release of a new album. Mostly for the continuation of the story, and to hear what else Green Day is going to do with their more developed style. I'm extremely intrigued as to the sound of the new album. I can't wait.
yep I'm also really psyched about their new album. I have a feeling it might be better than American Idiot cos the more albums they make, the better Green Day gets! Anyways how could sum1 not like Green Day? Green Day are the best band eva and nothings gunna stop that!
Quote by stampy_69
yep I'm also really psyched about their new album. I have a feeling it might be better than American Idiot cos the more albums they make, the better Green Day gets! Anyways how could sum1 not like Green Day? Green Day are the best band eva and nothings gunna stop that!

some people are just plain stupid I guess.

And I very much doubt the new album will be out in October. Maybe next october.

They said they were gonna take their time this time round.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Yeah. They want to make this next one HUGE. As in 'Dookie' squared type HUGE. As in a second Hiroshima type huge. As in... you get the picture. Yeah. Billie Joe said that they want to make this an event, and I believe that the band will deliver. I've never been disappointed by the guys before, and I don't think that an album that they put their heart and soul into and take a long-ass time to record can possibly be disappointing in the least.
Totally, I can't wait for it to come out.
One thing, I wouldn't want the JOS story to continue as some people have been mentioning, it would be kinda redundant and boring. I'm sure they won't do that though. Oh well, even if they do, I'm sure it'll still kick ass.
And I love feelin' cheap
I'm waiting for it with open arms, mostly all of Green Day's albums have always been good and it's something that cheers me up since I'm most of the time annoyed by the drama that goes on in my school and around my friends, so this album, plus a couple Poison albums and earlier Van Halen albums will be added to my "Make Eric Cheery Collection" lol.
They will never please anyone. No matter what people will have something to say. People will say to grow up and change, and then when they grow up and change those same people will say that they want the old stuff back, and then when they go back people will be wanting different stuff again. It's just something to put up with. You have to also look at it like this Green Day was basically the top band in the world last year (2005) with American Idiot. Now are you trying to tell me that American Idiot was not one of their most successful albums yet, and was not a good album at all?

Again when are people going to realize that music is music, and that either you like it or you don't.
Have ya'll noticed that Billie has been looking a little emo lately? Now please do not jump on me saying," It shoudn't matter...why do you care....it's about the music....". Because trust me I know,I mean, damn, I wouldn't care if he winded up looking like Marilyn Manson, it's just I was thinking about that and I was kinda concerned about maybe their new album being more emo than the last. That's not a necessarily a problem, I was just thinking, a new look, a new sound. I mean that's what happened with American Idiot. What do ya'll think? If I being completely stupid, tell me, I'll shut up.
And I love feelin' cheap
Interesting. While reading this thread, Dry Ice came on in shuffle...

Anyway, I'll probably buy the album whether it's that great or not. I'm biased though, I really like the old stuff.
guys i cant express enough how much i dislike the new green day fans... like seriously i rememebr being a kid blasting slappy hours, and kerplunk etc.. now i have to go through this.. im really getting sick of this.... hopefully its the old stuff
tell me, does anyone have a feeling they'll go a bit on the screamo side? i dont care and i sort of hope not because it wouldnt really be green day. and i dont know if billy joe could and still sound right.

my reasoning is stupid i know, but i saw billy joe with hair resembling sonny moores from the band from first to last. eh, just a thought i guess.
Yeah, I know! I'm seriously concerned (see my comment above), I mean I don't think they should go in that direction. Billie lookin' a little emo and frankly that sucks. Me and my friend were talking about it at lunch after they opened the dome in New Orleans, and she actually said it would be cool if they went emo. Well, at that point I was shocked. I mean, I love some emo bands, but Green Day isn't emo! I would still love the music and absolutely adore the guys if that's how it went down, but...emo!?! It's just not the Green Day that we know and love.
And I love feelin' cheap
Quote by BassSurfer
guys i cant express enough how much i dislike the new green day fans... like seriously i rememebr being a kid blasting slappy hours, and kerplunk etc.. now i have to go through this.. im really getting sick of this.... hopefully its the old stuff

Ain't you the stupid guy who started a thread saying you grew up watching sweet children and then we saw that you were actually only 22??
hard to see a sweet children concert at 5, innit?
^Weird....
And I love feelin' cheap
Page 1 of 3