Lets take white room for example. during the solo I hear a a rhythm guitar part. WTF is that about? since theres only 1 guitar in the band... and what about the song swalbr or however you spell it. They do the same thing there how a solo part is being played with a rhythm part.
Minister of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartBreaker to join
#6 member of the oasis fan club
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
'89 fender american strat
Vox ad15vt
Peavey raptor plus EXP(bridge: alnico 2 pro)
yamaha f-310p
This is because they recorded two guitar parts and play them both in the song, live they will either hire someone to play rythm or just not do the rythm

Adam
Quote by adamungar1
This is because they recorded two guitar parts and play them both in the song, live they will either hire someone to play rythm or just not do the rythm

Adam

I hate when they do that.
Vox ad15vt
yamaha f-310p
If you listen to the BBC sessions of SWLABR (hey, that's MY name!) Clapton just plays the low part. it doesn't sound as good, but Cream would never enlist another guitarist. That would be contrary to the whole power trio thing they started and it would also be unnecessary since Clapton is god.
Keep the change, pimps don't jangle
Quote by justinhawkins
you hate it? why? because it sounds complete and full?

because if you have 3 ppl in ur band then make something intended for 3 people.
Vox ad15vt
yamaha f-310p
I think you're just bitter because the concept of multitracking hadn't occurred to you as an explanation and you're now frantically trying to cover your ass by making up some lame "multitracking sucks" excuse.

EDIT: Fixed grammar.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Last edited by VoodooChild15 at Aug 30, 2006,
you mean not record a rhythm backing for the solo, to make it sound weedy?
seriously, multitrack's been around since the '50s
Quote by VoodooChild15
I think you're just bitter because the concept of multitracking hadn't occurred to you as an explanation and are frantically trying to cover your ass by making up some lame "multitracking sucks" excuse.

nope.
Vox ad15vt
yamaha f-310p
Quote by Garf72
you mean not record a rhythm backing for the solo, to make it sound weedy?
seriously, multitrack's been around since the '50s

It can sound fine without a rhythm guitar...
Vox ad15vt
yamaha f-310p
Quote by VoodooChild15
I think you're just bitter because the concept of multitracking hadn't occurred to you as an explanation and are frantically trying to cover your ass by making up some lame "multitracking sucks" excuse.

Quote by The Iron Man
nope.

Riiigghtt.
CTHC
Quote by The Iron Man
because if you have 3 ppl in ur band then make something intended for 3 people.

no, you make whatever sounds good. Do you have a problem with Led Zeppelin? The Song Remains the Same has like three guitars and when they played Ten Years Gone live John Paul Jones played a triple-neck guitar and there was no bass. So the same thing applies to having 4 people in a band
I used to think like you do, that is, "Only record on a cd (or record) what can be played exactly the same way live" But that really limits you and your creativity. You try to record the sounds in your head and if it takes having four guitar parts then that's how it has to be; there's no reason to have four guitarists. You're an artist (not you, but musicians in general), you create art. You shouldn't limit yourself just because you don't want to multitrack.