Does anyone know how to get a Pink Floyd setting on a Line 6 Spider II amp? I'm also using a Zoom GFX-5 pedalboard. Thanks!
Hmmmm. You would probably need to go with a clean british amp model, add just a touch of fuzz, you can either add some trem or work the trem on your guitar. It depends which song you want but if you set your amp for some solid blues tones, then roll gain back a bit you'll be close enough. Single coil pickups in neck/middle position.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
your a noob bridge and middle position... you have to be using a strat, what you wanna do on the amp is turn your tones like this
bass-8
middle-6 or 7
treb-4
and you wanna only use the bridge pick up or the neck and middle
dave does not use fuzz
dave main things were
distorion(muff pi)
phaser(mxr 90)
his pedal board is HUGE the one ive seen recently he uses everything all made by BOSS
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
Quote by The_Clap
your a noob bridge and middle position... you have to be using a strat, what you wanna do on the amp is turn your tones like this
bass-8
middle-6 or 7
treb-4
dave does not use fuzz
dave main things were
distorion(muff pi)
phaser(mxr 90)
his pedal board is HUGE the one ive seen recently he uses everything all made by BOSS

Not quite right.

Gilmour uses now a relative small Cornish pedalboard...with 2 Butler Tube Drivers...Big Muff II (in his board since 1977), delay, a few compressors (in the past MXR Dynacomp, Ibanez & Boss CS-2), a Boss EQ pedal and that's it. His sound is getting back to the basics! He even uses for some older songs a old fuzzface, and a triangle Big Muff...don't know which though.

If you want to sound a bit like David, you need at least a Big Muff, decent compressor & delaypedal and of course...a nice amplifier with a good clean sound.

Put the bass down to around 5, treble +-7 and mid +-10. And buy a Stratocaster.

Properly the best website for Gilmour fans:

http://www.gilmourish.com/ You will found here what he did use in the past and what's he's using nowadays and how you can sound Gilmourish
Quote by The_Clap
bass-8
middle-6 or 7
treb-4
dave does not use fuzz
dave main things were
distorion(muff pi)
phaser(mxr 90)

He might be a noob but you're a dumb ****. The big muff is a fuzz pedal.
^ Oh well done genius. Fuzz, disortion .... Tamatoe, tamotoe.
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Last edited by StuC at Aug 31, 2006,
Quote by thebrewfan
He might be a noob but you're a dumb ****. The big muff is a fuzz pedal.

Nice one dude, big muffs ARE distortion pedals..
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I'm pretty sure it's fuzz. But there isn't much difference between fuzz and distortion anyway so let's not get picky.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Quote by aznrockerdude
Nice one dude, big muffs ARE distortion pedals..

Well I only said that cause he was ripping on them for saying that he used fuzz and then listing a fuzz pedal (they call it a fuzz/sustainer) as one of his pedals. And fuzz and distortion are very different things. One is a fuzzy sound, the other sounds more like the amp is breaking up.
i meant the bigg muff
and ive seen clips with different pedal boards but i saw one where he was playing breathe on that 24 fret guitar he plays and he had everything running on battery and had "almost every new boss single pedal" on the floor
and you were right about the tone part but i think its more treb to mid
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
Last edited by The_Clap at Aug 31, 2006,