http://www.giggear.co.uk/home/index.php?m=shop&prodid=1631
Im thinking of getting a new amplifier and i have looked at many others but this was the best one i could find in my price range. Will this amp give a good funk tone like Larry grahmas or Mark Kings or can any one reccomend a better amplifier for around £200 - £300.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL
You know you're a bassist when you think a guitar is just some freaky type of short scale, six string bass.

This is The Central Scrutinizer......
Last edited by musicmanstinger at Aug 30, 2006,
that link is not valid.. give us a different one.. but Ashdowns in general are nice amps
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
Ive changed the link. sorry for posting a link that dont work.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL
You know you're a bassist when you think a guitar is just some freaky type of short scale, six string bass.

This is The Central Scrutinizer......
that is a very good amp
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
The Amp/combo is fine you will also be able to add a second cab (1x15) which would give you a rig that would last you a few years.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
As said before. This is what I play through (with a 15 cab). I play rock/funk with blues and jazz and the amp is perfect for it.
'Have you felt the trembling in your stomach, the bass that leads us there'
I want to get an Ashdown 5 Fifteen, but it says

EXTERNAL SPEAKER
An External Speaker socket is provided to allow you to use an external speaker cabinet if required.This
cuts out the main speaker when a jack plug is inserted.The external speaker must be a minimum
impedance of 8 Ohms.

So, say I get a cab (in the future) does that mean I dont'get sound from the original amp?

And how come it says the 5 Fifteen is 100W, but on the manual and picture it says it's 65W? What's going on?

Are the Electric Blue 12" and 15" speaker Combos good? I may consider those instead.
Last edited by h0d0g at Aug 31, 2006,