My set-up is a B-52 AT-100 into an Ampeg V-412 Cab. The Ampeg cab isnt the greatest, and im running into some problems with it. I use this amp for metal and lower tunings, and my problem here refers to when i play it in Drop D. Whenever i hit the low D, or practically any note on the low D string, especially when palm muted, i get a wierd BRRRRR sound that overpowers the note i played. i know it sounds funnny but thats what it sounds like. i know its the cab because the head sounds fine on my friends cab. anyone else have this problem? anyone know how to fix it?

thanks.
Orange Rockerverb 100 + Orange PPC412
Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Fender Road Worn Player's Telecaster
sounds like your using to much bass for the cab to handle...
a little lie says you'd like nothing better.....
yeah that might be it. I forgot to say for my amp's EQ settings i have the mids scooped, so theres a ton of bass.
Orange Rockerverb 100 + Orange PPC412
Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Fender Road Worn Player's Telecaster
put the bass on 0 and see if it does it. if its fixed, then just gradually turn it up till you get good bass, but no BRRRRRRRRRR
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
that cab isnt made to handle a lot of bass. you may want to trade it in form a higher end cab. maybe a peavey, marshall, vht. one of those cabs can handle a ton of bass.