I just bought Protest the hero's first cd, after having owned Kezia for quite a while. I have to say that Protest the hero has the most amazing lyrics I have ever seen. They make other bands syrics look like they wrote them the night before recording. Protest the hero is number 1.
Damn rite! Wat are some of your favourite songs / lyrics on the album?

I'm a real fan of Blindfold's Aside...!
Yeah...my friend said I'd like them, cuz' I'm such a huge Mars Volta fan. Do they sound anything like TMV? I haven't heard them, but I think I'm gonna go see if they have a purevolume or a myspace now...and I'll look up their lyrics...but I gotta tell you, nothing can beat Bright Eyes' lyrics in my book.
Quote by Dæmönika
When I became ill last week, I had to make a critlist for people who came in and looked at my songs. Now, I've decided to make a cuntlist for The Pit. Starting with this thread. So far I have:

atreyu+a7xfan
Sailor Jerry
Dimebag22
Bobthemonkey14
Hmm...they don't sound a damn thing like TMV...more like Coheed and Cambria to me...but their lyrics are pretty damn sweet. I especially like this one:

And I'm still a cigarette softly smoking on the edge of a metal ashtray
I begged this place to let me burn, and it whispered, "burn away"

Still not better than Bright eyes, but they can write a good song.
Quote by Dæmönika
When I became ill last week, I had to make a critlist for people who came in and looked at my songs. Now, I've decided to make a cuntlist for The Pit. Starting with this thread. So far I have:

atreyu+a7xfan
Sailor Jerry
Dimebag22
Bobthemonkey14
They're so bad.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

TMV connection is in the singing and the drumming because when i first heard them on record (i saw them before i knew who the were) they reminded me of TMV

but yeah amazing but do we really need this many threads on them

oh and bobthemonkey14 Bright Eyes is the shit can't wait until spring for the new record and tour
Hells yeah!
Quote by Dæmönika

atreyu+a7xfan
Sailor Jerry
Dimebag22
Bobthemonkey14
Protest the Hero is Jesus on Wheels.

As far as best lyrics goes.

She Who Mars The Skin Of Gods

"Kezia, my darling, please never forget this world's got the substance of a frozen summer silhouette,"
Said my mother through lips that were cracked with love and toil
before she added, "the warmest of blankets is six feet of soil"

Makes me premature.
Last edited by stevetravale at Aug 31, 2006,
Quote by stevetravale

What a 2000 year old conspiracy?
JOKING, NO OFFENCE!

I have come to a conclusion, I don't even like them enough to download an album, which is saying something for someone who has 190+ gb of music.
34,654 songs
2270 hrs 3 mins & 14 seconds

There would be more songs if there wasn't so many 5+ mins songs. I have lots of experimental music, some of which the tracks last for an hour.

edit: should say that not all of it is downloaded, I ripped all of my good cds as well, which is quite alot.

2nd edit: i just worked out that it would take me 94.5 days to listen to it all. I need to get a life.
Last edited by StuartR at Aug 31, 2006,
Quote by StuartR
34,654 songs
2270 hrs 3 mins & 14 seconds

There would be more songs if there wasn't so many 5+ mins songs. I have lots of experimental music, some of which the tracks last for an hour.

edit: should say that not all of it is downloaded, I ripped all of my good cds as well, which is quite alot.

2nd edit: i just worked out that it would take me 94.5 days to listen to it all. I need to get a life.

My friend's got 50 GB...sorry, but you're not the biggest nerd I know...
Quote by Dæmönika

atreyu+a7xfan
Sailor Jerry
Dimebag22
Bobthemonkey14
whoa...I'm stoned...I didn't realize 50 was smaller than 190...

Don't do drugs.
Quote by Dæmönika

atreyu+a7xfan
Sailor Jerry
Dimebag22
Bobthemonkey14
^ You might wanna try not double posting. And noone cares if you were stoned.

PTH = ace. Great music, great lyrics, there's a point to it and it's that little bit different. Good band.

EDIT: Whoa, let's cut down on the PTH threads, though, eh?
Great band, music, guitars, and liyrics. My favorite lyric is: "I'm tired and I'm cold, and I want to go to bed/But there's no one here to tuck me in so this shotgun will instead."
Call me Steve. All the cool kids are doin it.
Quote by crazynickman

Step One: Wake up in the LATE AFTERNOON
Step Two: Roll around in garbage and lyrical genius
Instant Bob Dylan.
Quote by stevetravale

As far as best lyrics goes.

She Who Mars The Skin Of Gods

Makes me premature.

Damn straight bitch!, Check my sig.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
Quote by )Eric(Draven
Avenged SEvenfold is much better.

rofl..

Musically, Protest's early stuff wasn't that great, but lyrically it was and still is, although their older stuff was easier to interpret and more political. I was a fan of Protest the hero before Kezia came out, although I've been on and off with them. I have to be in the right mood.
imo, and i dont wanna diss avenged sevenfold or anything, but, i think PTH its 1000 times better. there music makes me wanna stand up and sing , bob my head, and hold my fist up in the air 5000 times more than avenged sevenfold does, just like when they played heretics and killers at hte warped tour, it was awesome.
Why must this band constantly be compared to Avenged Sevenfold? They dont have that much in common
Quote by Spaceman_Spiff
Why must this band constantly be compared to Avenged Sevenfold? They dont have that much in common

they have...nothing in common.
Steel instruments shine in
A lively light of green substance
Dead or alive
Bodies and souls are waiting for the contact with these macabre tools
They are only creations made alive
Quote by )Eric(Draven
Avenged SEvenfold is much better.

pth is the best band ever
FLAMINGOS!
Excellent band with sweet lyrics, as has been said already.

Unfortunately, you are about the 500,000,000th person to make a thread about them. Use the search button.

PtH needs an Only thread.
Quote by Nybb
Dude, I'm going to sig myself and see if anybody notices.
Quote by Nybb
PtH needs an Only thread.
I'd agree. It's odd though, seems as they're barely even heard of over here.
This can be the only thread. As we shouldn't need to write 'ONLY PTH thread' every, people should just post in the right thread in the first place.
Just heard about em.. downloaded some, and dig it. Its fun to play and listen to, singer is original, reminds me of boy hits car! Lyrics are astounding.

I am buying Kezia(sp) this weekend
I resently went to a Protest concert and after I though that they were preety good, but I i never knew untill going to this thread that they have some of the most emo lryics I have ever heard.
there lyrics on the new record are part of a story about Kezia's execution
Last edited by frd_marshll at Sep 9, 2006,