Ok, i recently got a Epiphone Les Paul Classic. Im not really i dont know that much about pickups and stuff (in the technical side of things) but i want to switch out my pickups for some Gibsons that would allow me to sound like a nice gibson (I have a Fender HotRod Deville 410) I play mostly classic rock, some newer stuff, some blues.
Also i was wondering with the guitar i have would it be possible to get a third pickup?
Price limit isnt too much of a problem, like $300-400. Oh and ill probably have someone at my local mom and pop guitar store install them unless someone can give me a tutorial on it or something.
The third pickup is going to have you to pay some extra cash because you're going to have to modify it. You have a good amp, so I don't need to ask you that question. Try a Burstbucker or something. I think Page played a LP with a burstbucker.
There's some Gibson P'ups you can check out over here http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitar/navigation/gibson-pickups-accessories-guitar?N=100001+304379+200988&page=1
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by Owen56
Ok, i recently got a Epiphone Les Paul Classic. Im not really i dont know that much about pickups and stuff (in the technical side of things) but i want to switch out my pickups for some Gibsons that would allow me to sound like a nice gibson (I have a Fender HotRod Deville 410) I play mostly classic rock, some newer stuff, some blues.
Also i was wondering with the guitar i have would it be possible to get a third pickup?
Price limit isnt too much of a problem, like $300-400. Oh and ill probably have someone at my local mom and pop guitar store install them unless someone can give me a tutorial on it or something.

y did u get an EPIPHONE les paul. les paul's are gibsons epiphone is a cheap knockoff of gibsons
myspace.com/thecarlandbenextravaganza1

my band ^
^because hes not some spoiled rich jackass of a kid.
My Gear:
Fender Standard Strat w/Tex-mex pups
Epi Les Paul Jr.
Epi MM-20 mandolin
Yamaha FG-110
Boss SD-1
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP80
Fender FM212R
Epi Valve Junior

Check Me Out:
Me
Quote by ImNotSmart
y did u get an EPIPHONE les paul. les paul's are gibsons epiphone is a cheap knockoff of gibsons

You, "my friend", are an idiot.
Quote by ImNotSmart
me or him

Well, I quoted you. So, obviously, I'm speaking of the other guy.
Well, I think we should change your screenname...

How about "ImAN00b"?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
K... anyone else wanna answer my actual question, and to the dick who was bashing epiphone les pauls, there not bad at all i can get a better sound out of my epiphone through my amp than you probably can through your guitars. (sides, i have a Gibby SG classic, which i payed for with my own money)
personally Id go with Duncan Distortion bridge, Jazz neck but i like metal, burstbuckers or Duncan Alnico Pro 2s for classic rock/blues will improve tone for sure over the stock epi pups.
Quote by ImNotSmart

oh ffs if you dont know wat youre talkin about dont speak at all, jackass
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
IMNOTSMART you idiot Gibson OWNS Epiphone!!! Anyway, threadstarter, your tone will improve over the stock Epi pickups, but it won't sound exactly like a true high end Gibson because of the body of the guitar. Just warning you. A third pickup will cost you, alot. You's have to route the body, redo all the wiring, buy the pickup, install the pickup etc. It wouldn't be worth it. Burstbucker Pros would sound nice in that guitar though, and I do recommend changing both pickups. It's probably cost you about $350 for the install and the pickups (That's assuming the install is $50)
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Gibson are more expensive and they have the better pickups yeah?

But you can stick your stock Gibsons in an Epi and although it won't quite be as good as an Gibson it will have a similar sound (yeah yeah I know the materials are different and whatever, but I hear the Gibson QC is hit and miss anyways).
Gibson pickups in an Epiphone guitar should sound pretty good. It'll give you more of a Gibson sound.