Page 1 of 2
abuseillusions
303 IQ
Any thoughts on them? favorite songs? Lyrics? hopes that some day they might get back together? Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on them.
kryptonite22
2,832 IQ
Good band. No doubt Andrew will post when he sees this, he's a fan. I think 'Back and to the Left' is a difficult track to beat, there are a few good ones but that's my favourite.
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
One of the greatest bands the world has ever seen. I still don't own a copy of the live split with Samiam, which is bugging me, but I can't see the point in spending £50 on a CD, if it was a vinyl then I'd have it. Got three copies (at least) of everything else they released though and they're all well worth having. 'Do you know who you are?' is one of those albums that you can listen to front to back, back to front and inside out any time of the day. Extremely well done, and I thank the band for that, they did good.

I'd love it if they got back together, but I can't see it happening.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
frodoisdead
Love, Ire & Song.
978 IQ
i've never been a particularly big fan. i just can't get into them.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
MattDaviesFFAF
Secretly Ironic
228 IQ
I like them. Only have their LP as of yet.

I remember downloading a live split thing Andrew hosted a while back for a BOTM but I think it got deleted
Because light strikes a deal with each coming night.
ghettohippygrrl
904 IQ
Why do so many bands feel the need to put "Texas" in their name? It's really lame.
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
frd_marshll
i am not your friend
2,264 IQ
i have never heard them does anybody have a link or anything for me
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
Quote by StuartR
3 copies, Andrew? lol

Well, yeah. I've got...

EP - CD, black vinyl, pink/clay coloured vinyl
Album - CD, black vinyl, red vinyl
Split with Samuel - two black vinyl (ok, only two there)
Split with The Promise Ring - black, red, blue & pink vinyl

I think that's all, although I've got a couple of promo compilations with them on as well. Have been trying to compile a complete discography. Haven't come across new versions in a hell of a long time though so I think it's almost done.

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
^ Is that actually true though? I looked on Solea's site (supposedly where it's confirmed) and couldn't see anything about it....

RateYourMusic
Guitarist132
sam
1,093 IQ
Ive hardly heard anything from this band, but what i heard i liked.

My problem is getting a hold of their music...
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
balltounge
Ba Ba/Ti Ki/Di Do
65 IQ
Fantastic band, really very few better.
Enjoy your worries, you may never have them again.

The Books.
bandgeek10
520 IQ
I think it's annoying how good bands like TITR die out. I've really liked this band for a whlie. My favorite songs are "back and to the left," "antique" and the last track on the 9-track album. Does anyone know of any bands that sound like TITR that are still together?
Iluvpowerchords
Flau-BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR
1,364 IQ
Quote by ghettohippygrrl
Why do so many bands feel the need to put "Texas" in their name? It's really lame.

It's probably an homage to "Bullet" by the Misfits.
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
Oh this is so wrong! It should blatently be played in London.

How much are flights to New York in November? I could fly out Friday, get there in time for the show Saturday and fly home on Sunday. Holy bollocks that would be amazing. I'm gonna go and check plane ticket prices.....

EDIT: How big is the Irving Plaza?

RateYourMusic
Guitarist132
sam
1,093 IQ
Someone wanna send me a few of their songs...preferably someone i can trust/know?
Beauty Supreme

Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
^ I'll put up their tracks off the live split in a minute.

£298 for a flight, $150 for a room, probably $30 for a ticket. This is gonna take some thinking....

EDIT: Here you go - You apparently have to join now to be able to get it... (sorry - I haven't ever received junk crap from them though with the free account)

RateYourMusic
Guitarist132
sam
1,093 IQ
Thanks, 150$ for a (single im assuming) room? Sounds like a tad much, but i guess it is New york
Beauty Supreme

Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
^ That was an estimate really. There's probably some that are a lot cheaper, but for flights & hotel (3 nights - may as well make the most of the trip) through lastminute.com I can get for £512 (each) if I find someone to come with me. So now it's time to find people that fancy a trip to NY.... ...

RateYourMusic
abuseillusions
303 IQ
Iluvpowerchords is right
texas is the reason the name was taken right from the misfits song bullets.
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
Anyone know what happened with the pre-sale?
Did it sell out instantly or did it just not work?
I came on and checked at 5pm UK time (which I think is 12 eastern) and I wasn't able to get any. Then I checked their myspace and saw a few comments there where people were unsure.

EDIT: Onsale now...

EDIT 2: Either they sold out really quick or the site has some real problems. I had the chance to take a couple at about 5:20, then my mum told me not to because it was ridiculous, closed the screen for a minute, went back on and they were all gone

RateYourMusic
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
My guess is that it will result in a tour at some point, I'd love it to, but it's only speculation at the moment. I'm sure they'll consider it for quite a while seeing as how quickly the pre-sale sold out.

RateYourMusic
CMJPEC
Neighborhood #1(Tunnels)
546 IQ
back and to the left

magic bullet theory

Whats with the JFK assasination??

am i right when i say the names of thoose songs are about kennedy getting assisanted?
To be the last one
who will sing you to sleep...

christie.FRONT.drive
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
Possibly, never thought of it before.

Going to have a copy of the split with Samiam in a couple of weeks (so long as the post doesn't screw me over like it seems to be doing at the moment). Certainly going to make up for not being able to go to the shows. Convinced someone on ebay to sell it to me for about £25, and seeing as I've lost out multiple times in the past because they've gone for over £50 I am now extremely happy

RateYourMusic
StuartR
571 IQ
Are the tracks on that split the same versions from Do You Know Who You Are??

The name "Texas Is the Reason" is lifted from a Misfits song, entitled "Bullet". It also makes reference to a conspiracy theory about the assassination of John F. Kennedy, in which the president was killed in a plot arranged by Texas Democrats in order to give Lyndon B. Johnson control of the White House.

Song titles from this album, such as "The Magic Bullet Theory" and "Back and To the Left", continue the allusion to one of the Kennedy assassination theories.

From Wiki, which someone tried to say they weren't noteable enough for a wiki. :-[
I saved it though.
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
^ It's just a live set of six tracks on the album from what I remember. Got the audio already, might put them up again at some point as its a good recording.

As for the band name being linked to the JFK assassination I don't believe that to be true. I've got a pretty decent interview with them in an old zine (can't remember which it was in, but its upstairs somewhere) saying that its in reference to 'bullet' and that only one of the members knew that when it was suggested, never seen a mention of the link with JFK. Could be true, but just seen quite a few interviews where the name has been mentioned and that hasn't come up. The song titles are a possibility though.

RateYourMusic
xArCaDiAx
An Unfortunate Seduction
1,046 IQ
Texas is an outrage when your husband is dead
Texas is an outrage when they pick up his head
Texas is the reason that the president's dead
You gotta suck, suck, Jackie suck
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
Andrewbiles
11,166 IQ
Quote by xArCaDiAx
Texas is an outrage when your husband is dead
Texas is an outrage when they pick up his head
Texas is the reason that the president's dead
You gotta suck, suck, Jackie suck

Ah, proven wrong Never was a fan of the Misfits (as you can probably now tell).

There used to be some ok tabs on mxtabs.net, but haven't played anything in years.

Got the split with Samiam through today. So happy

RateYourMusic
xArCaDiAx
An Unfortunate Seduction
1,046 IQ
The state or the band?
Can You Fill In The Blanks?