Page 1 of 2
I liked the Best Frontman tab and i started thinking about the worst frontman
any thoughts???
Gene Simmons.

'Nuff said.
"Let there be light...sound...drums...guitar...LET THERE BE ROCK!" - Let There Be Rock, AC/DC
Dave Evans struck me as being pretty lame in the one clip with him I've seen.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
^ lol
QUEEN+PAUL RODGERS 3/10/06
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
Quote by VoodooChild15
Dave Evans struck me as being pretty lame in the one clip with him I've seen.

Have you ever actually heard him sing? God, he's horrible! As Angus put it, "To even call him a singer would be a bit polite."
"Let there be light...sound...drums...guitar...LET THERE BE ROCK!" - Let There Be Rock, AC/DC
oh man, i really hope that deadhead is joking. i really really hope. i would probably say that the worst frontman ever. i dont really like the shadowman from a7x, but i know some people do, so thats all i have to say about that
dave evans kinda sounds like steven tyler and freddy mercury mixed

and apparently thats bad. and he makes acdc sound GAYY

ps steven and freddy are amazing singers in case u got the wrong idea out of what i said haha
Quote by its_sublime07
oh man, i really hope that deadhead is joking. i really really hope. i would probably say that the worst frontman ever. i dont really like the shadowman from a7x, but i know some people do, so thats all i have to say about that

I really hope you're joking, seeing as how this is Classic Rock, and A7x is definately far from that. Thats all I have to say about that.
im not sure about the worst frontman, but the BADDEST frontman has to be axl rose, and i heard he smells bad
^^As much as I love em, GN'R ain't Classic Rock. Fool.

Quote by evh77
dave evans kinda sounds like steven tyler and freddy mercury mixed

and apparently thats bad. and he makes acdc sound GAYY

ps steven and freddy are amazing singers in case u got the wrong idea out of what i said haha

Well, it's obvious he would make them sound gay, the guy was a glam rocker for God's sakes...I'm pretty sure he was one of the reasons so many people thought AC/DC actually were gay (for those who don't know, ACDC without the "/" means bisexual in England or somewhere). They really became a true hard rock band when Bon came along.

And I say again that the worst frontman ever is GENE SIMMONS. I hate that fucker.
Quote by evh77
im not sure about the worst frontman, but the BADDEST frontman has to be axl rose, and i heard he smells bad

Another person posting something non-CR. If this keeps up with any other posts like this one, I shall report the thread. Keep it CR please!
this thread is prettymuch pointless, and why the hell are people flaming deadheads opinion, I disagree with it, but i respect it nonetheless.

My least favoreite lead singer? Couldn't tell ya, I stay away from what I don't like.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
Quote by deadhead313313
Freddie Murcury.

You surely couldn't say something as bold as this without stating any reasoning behind it.
Last edited by fr0zt at Aug 31, 2006,
Quote by fr0zt
You surely couldn't say something such as bold as this without stating any reasoning behind it.

1. So bold as this. Such as this. Those seem to fit better (might be just me).
2. I surely can and did.
Quote by deadhead313313
1. So bold as this. Such as this. Those seem to fit better (might be just me).
2. I surely can and did.

1. Fixed
2. "Yeah, it is kind of funny how much he sucks" isn't much of an explanation...
Quote by mercedesisbenz
My least favoreite lead singer? Couldn't tell ya, I stay away from what I don't like.

Well then...think of it in terms of the worst that you have heard

Hmm....I'll have to think about this for a little while..
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
I'm not a fan of Freddie Mercury, mainly because I don't like his voice in some songs, It's A Kind Of Magic, Seven Sea of Rhye. But there are some songs I really like, Don't Stop Me Now, Too Much Love Will Kill You, so I'm undecided really on him. It is, for me, a toss-up between him and Gene Simmons.
Wow is it just me or does deadhead seem a little pissed off right now.

That time of the month?

But to keep this relevant Gene Simmons is the worst, he barely ever actually plays the bass, which could be a good thing cause he sucks at bass anyway.
"There is no dark side in the moon, Matter of fact, its all dark"

Are there any queers in the theatre tonight?

*Official Deadhead*
Quote by fr0zt
1. Fixed
2. "Yeah, it is kind of funny how much he sucks" isn't much of an explanation...

I don't need to give an explanation. He asked what I thought, and I told him. An explanation wasn't part of the deal. I'll leave it at that.
Quote by deadhead313313
I don't need to give an explanation. He asked what I thought, and I told him. An explanation wasn't part of the deal. I'll leave it at that.

Ok well now we are asking, so please explain.

*Official Deadhead*
Quote by MountainJam
Ok well now we are asking, so please explain.

Why should I tell you? I gave my opinion, why can't you accept my feelings on the matter and leave it at that. I havn't said anything about your choice, or anyone elses.
Quote by deadhead313313
Why should I tell you? I gave my opinion, why can't you accept my feelings on the matter and leave it at that. I havn't said anything about your choice, or anyone elses.

You don't need to ask me about mine, I gave my reasons. Your response intrigues me cause he was a good vocalist, but obviously his vocal abilities doesn't seem to matter as much to you on whether he's a good frontman. It seems like you've got a more complex reason, and I'm very interested in hearing it.

*Official Deadhead*
Quote by MountainJam
It seems like you've got a more complex reason, and I'm very interested in hearing it.

I'm not interesting in explaning my reasons. Its all opinion. Deal with it.

Gene Simmons could wipe the floor with him. I don't see Freddie doing the kind of stuff that Gene did. Vocals and/or talent don't really have to have anything to do with being a good frontman. IMO.
Quote by MountainJam
Wow is it just me or does deadhead seem a little pissed off right now.

That time of the month?
haha

Gene Simmons. I can't stand him. At all.
EDIT: whether he is considered the frontman or not.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Last edited by BrainDamage at Aug 31, 2006,
Simmons ftw.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
I'd say carlos santana, Because he didn't make much of a show he just played the music (if you understand what I mean).
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
Quote by Ziggy193
^^As much as I love em, GN'R ain't Classic Rock. Fool.

Well, it's obvious he would make them sound gay, the guy was a glam rocker for God's sakes...I'm pretty sure he was one of the reasons so many people thought AC/DC actually were gay (for those who don't know, ACDC without the "/" means bisexual in England or somewhere). They really became a true hard rock band when Bon came along.

And I say again that the worst frontman ever is GENE SIMMONS. I hate that fucker.

Gene Simmons is not a frontman. Paul Stanley's the front man in that band.

Dave Evans
If the album Van Halen III counts as CR, Gary Charone(sp?)
Stevie Y of the GO WINGS club. PM me with a title to join.

The following statement is false. The preceding statement is true.

Member #20 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Quote by acidgreeny
gotta agree with axl rose whats with the tights?

are you reffering to his cycling shorts? In my opinion axl is awesome, so is Freddie Mercury. The worst is probably gene simmons.
man i never realized ppl didnt like gene they put on a good show i have to agree with deadhead that hes better than freddy but thats just opinion but any way its hard to say whos worse because you never really listen to the worst the worse is prolly the frontman in my band(thats not me) but id say its... not david lee roth. i cant think of one but ya the best front man thread was mine so thanks
Quote by VANHALENGUITAR
man i never realized ppl didnt like gene they put on a good show i have to agree with deadhead that hes better than freddy but thats just opinion but any way its hard to say whos worse because you never really listen to the worst the worse is prolly the frontman in my band(thats not me) but id say its... not david lee roth. i cant think of one but ya the best front man thread was mine so thanks

....Um..yeah...uh......what??

[grammar nazi mode]
It's called a "period". It looks like this ----->.<----
Let's try using it every now and then to help seperate a mess of text into a coherent pargaraph

[/grammar nazi mode]
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Last edited by TheUltimateSin at Aug 31, 2006,
ya.ok.ill do that. more often. i just dont like any frontman who just stands there and sings they gotta be energetic and. crazy. thats. what. makes. bands. good.
Page 1 of 2