Just curious as to what picks everyone prefers and why.. Recently I been doing alot of chromatic exercises, and just practicing lead.. And I ran into a dunlop pick it's like 2mm or some **** not sure.. Anyways.. it's pretty thick.. And I am really diggin it, seems like I am playing faster then ever with it.. Gives me more of a attack on the strings.. How about everyone else?
Normally Fender Mediums, but lately I've been using Planet Waves Surepicks. They're actually very sweet.

i cut up a half dollar in to the shape of a pick and use that
u cant spell slaughter without laguhter!

Quote by drew
look, lets not go into who drunk-called who, who threw what at who, or who put what in the freezer
Dunlop Jazz III - Makes it easy for me to do harmonics, alternate pick, and easier for me to get a nice heavy chunck type sound for Heavy Metal. I cant even use regular picks anymore, they just feel so weird...
Fender Extra Heavy and Dunlop Jazz but most Fender.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
i use anything from like Fender thins to the Dunlop Big Stubbies, 1mm-3mm. It just depends on what i feel like using while im playing. Sometimes i can play well with a thin pick, others i can play better with a thick one.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Quote by 6DgOfInTb
i use anything from like Fender thins to the Dunlop Big Stubbies, 1mm-3mm. It just depends on what i feel like using while im playing. Sometimes i can play well with a thin pick, others i can play better with a thick one.

Don't advertise forums in links?

Umm...Dunlop tortex 0.88mm
Plant Waves .69mm.

Excellent picks I might say.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Thinner, i break the pick.
Thicker, i break a string.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Dunlops...2 mm. They just fit. Solid. I like it.

I've tried from really thin ones to really thick ones. Dont like them as much as the pick im using now.
Quote by Paradigm Shift
Dunlop Jazz III - Makes it easy for me to do harmonics, alternate pick, and easier for me to get a nice heavy chunck type sound for Heavy Metal. I cant even use regular picks anymore, they just feel so weird...

+1
Dunlop Tortex 1mm
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
Quote by eells
i cut up a half dollar in to the shape of a pick and use that

During the school year, I gave my cuz a pick to use as an outline and he made a pick using a quarter in metal shop.
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
now i use ernie ball... but nevermind, i can use any pick to play... i dont find any benefits for using different pick... I dont want to say that differences of the pick be as the weapon for my journey...
Quote by DeathDealer
dunlop jazz-iii are the best for fast & precise playing

thats what i use also .
Quote by Paradigm Shift

To quote Vanilla Ice....Word to your Mother. I love these picks
I HATE flimsy picks, the ones that crumple when you play anything fast. I like a big relatively thin pick that allows me to pick precisely and cleanly.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
I use Snarling Dog Brain picks, .73 and .78 mm's. There's NO way that you can drop one of those picks while playing. Plus they have a nice feel.
Quote by DispsablePuppet
So I was at the store the other day... and your all gay.

Dunlop Jazz III. If they ever stop making them I quit guitar.
Quote by Chimaira
Dunlop Tortex 1mm

I used Fender Heavy's, broke one a day. Fender thins, broke 4 a day. Big and stubby (2-3mm), I felt like I couldn't play. Then I used Tortexe .50mm, and I loved those. I found out vai used 1mm, so I got tortext 1mm and some random dunlop ones with grip on them. I LOVE the 1mm tortex. I have a running bet that if any of my friends every break one, I'll buy them a new pack of picks. Theyre indestructable x.x (oh and I can use big and stubby ones now, dunno why but all the sudden i can play equally with any pick size now)
My favorite picks are the Clayton Medium Play Boy picks, Dunlop .73 Tortex picks, and Dunlop 1mm Nylon picks.
Member #16 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Dunlop yellows (dunno what size they are?)
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by zxBane
Just curious as to what picks everyone prefers and why.. Recently I been doing alot of chromatic exercises, and just practicing lead.. And I ran into a dunlop pick it's like 2mm or some **** not sure.. Anyways.. it's pretty thick.. And I am really diggin it, seems like I am playing faster then ever with it.. Gives me more of a attack on the strings.. How about everyone else?

I played with 1 mm for 3 years and switched to the gator dunlop 2mm for the last year. But the past few weeks I've changed back to the 1mm tortex. My reason for doing this is that while I felt the 2mm did give stronger attack, they are also so thick that some movement might be wasted, therefore making it harder to continue increasing picking speed. In addition, I came to think that the roundness of the 2mm's that is a result of its thickness might be making it slide off the strings in a less--than-favorable way:

Also, I did some research on the gear that some professional players use in the style of rock, and they seem to favor mostly 1mms and sometimes a bit less thickness like .88s. I figured that it must be the way to go so I reverted back to my old BLUE TORTEX 1MMs and I'm adapting already as well as loosening up my picking hand.
Gear:
Schecter Diamond Series Gryphon
PRS Tremonti SE - silver
Squier Telecaster - black
Line 6 Spyder II 75W
Crybaby 535Q WAH
I use five acryllic picks.

Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Quote by Paradigm Shift

Kinda Seconded
Quote by DeathDealer
dunlop jazz-iii are the best for fast & precise playing

Same here. Its great for my style of play. Well, I think any style. It's just perfect for strumming and fast runs.
I can't stand Jazz IIIs. Too small, no stability for aggressive playing, strumming, and the nylon is kinda iffy. (IMHO)

Dunlop 1.14 Ultex (prounounced: you'll tex.) I've been using the same one since I first got them, like a year ago. Insane durability.
Quote by mikeman
I can't stand Jazz IIIs. Too small, no stability for aggressive playing, strumming, and the nylon is kinda iffy. (IMHO)

Dunlop 1.14 Ultex (prounounced: you'll tex.) I've been using the same one since I first got them, like a year ago. Insane durability.

Dude i love you.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

i dunno what their official name is
but i use Fender thin, big huge triangles...
i dunno
its fun
if i break a side, just turn it a little bit, and its a whole new pick!
yeah, i've got gear too...
squier strat
squier tele
Ibanez rg4ex
Boss DS-1
Morely Bad Horsie Wah
Digitech Hot Head
Boss GE-7
Zoom G1X
Mesa Boogie 5:50 Express
Vox AD50vt
Quote by nightwind
I use five acryllic picks.

Right on!
Gear:
Schecter Diamond Series Gryphon
PRS Tremonti SE - silver
Squier Telecaster - black
Line 6 Spyder II 75W
Crybaby 535Q WAH
dunlop blue and green tortexes (don't know the mm) but they're great, they don't ever break (as i'm sure you all know) my only complaint is that after about an hour of playing the tip gets wore down to a nub.... maybe not a nub but its rounded off and not sharp anymore.