Okay so I've been looking around ebay for a Crate Blue Voodoo head. Today I came across one that has a custom plexiglass housing. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this would affect the head in any way? Also if it would be reliable? Here is a link...
I cant imagine that is sturdy... It looks like you will pick it up with a handle and the whole to plexi glass with break or come off. Not to mention, I dont think a used or new Blue Voodoo is worth $255.
Plexiglass is pretty durable, I'd worry more about the lack of ventilation and the possibility of overheating. Pass on this one.
id say heating, and the housing looks homemade and like crap. I wouldnt trust it.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
I cant imagine that is sturdy... It looks like you will pick it up with a handle and the whole to plexi glass with break or come off. Not to mention, I dont think a used or new Blue Voodoo is worth $255.

Sure it is, they usually go for around $800 new and about $400 used on Ebay.

Believe it or not, despite Crate's reputation, those are pretty decent amps. I used one for 5 years of practices and shows and never had a problem with it. Sound-wise they're VERY similar to a Marshall JCM2000 DSL but they have independent EQ controls for both channels, which the DSL doesn't have. At one point I was going to "upgrade" to a DSL but I spent about 2 hours A/B'ing the two amps at my house and, with my sound dialed up on both, they sounded nearly identical.

I've read that the more recent models don't sound as good as the older ones. I got mine new at GC for $600 back in 1998 and got nothing but compliments on my sound the whole time I used it.

That Plexiglass setup looks sketchy to me, I'd pass on that one and maybe look at a stock model.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Last edited by fatgraymatt at Aug 31, 2006,